Python Phrase Association... or the thread formerly known...

timbloke

... as "How long to get distracted...? Your predictions... "

Which formerly had the following intro (i think the answer was about 10 - but i've given up on that idea and decided to let the majority rule!!).

Ok, it was mentioned to me a couple of weeks back, that none of the threads on tMP stay on topic for very long, they all seem to mutate into a random conversation about something completely unrelated to the original purpose of the thread.

So aas a competition (the winner gets a pint from me next time i see you), to the nearest number of threads, how long will this thread stay on topic.

The rules are simple, in your reply, tell me how many threads it'll take and put whatever else you feel like. The first instance where three consecutive posts are made more than a couple of hours apart, and from different people that are wholly unrelated to the topic, is the winning number. Taken from the third thread (hence you cannot have less than 4 as your prediction).

If i suspect anyone is deliberately trying to change the topic, then they are disqualified. My decision is final.

I predict 47 posts. (including this one).

lynchie

yeah... the mods work very hard to keep things on the right track. however, my money's on 20!

PeterBale

Staff member
Surely, if the post is about getting distracted, then anything off-topic has by definition to also fit the bill just as well :wink: :lol: :lol:

lynchie

it appears noone has an opinion on the blatant flying off at tangents that goes on in threads...

PeterBale

Staff member
Straightmute said:
Peter didn't give a number so does that mean the answer is 2?

D

Everyone should know the answer is "42", unless it is toilet rolls, then it is "22" a la Manuel :lol:

Seedhouse

This is quite a cunning thread. But like Leisa I don't understand what is going on!? :? :cry: :oops:

34 is my guess? ( my house number/ lucky number :D :wink: )

leisa

Seedhouse said:
This is quite a cunning thread. But like Leisa I don't understand what is going on!? :? :cry: :oops:

34 is my guess? ( my house number/ lucky number :D :wink: )

glad to see im not the only one!!! do i have to guess again now??

i think mine was a bit high last time so ill say 24!!

timbloke

Keppler said:
Oi!

they do not all mutate..

you are making enemies of the moderators buster...

Ok, so maybe mutate is not the right turn of phrase, I know not to mess with a mod when i see one. especially if she's called rachel ;). but certain topics have once or twice been known to mention one or two points not 100% related to the original thread. occasionally. maybe... probably not...

HAS ANYONE GOT A LADDER?