Pukeage at Spennymoor

Well I can say I didn't have anything to drink in the bar, I was really good and stayed in the cafe area and only drank coffee - so you can't blame it on the beer. There were other members of our band that didn't drink and have the bug. All I had for lunch was chips - do we think it could be the food?? :-(

So far the count for Ransome band is around 10! and I knew 2 people who just came to watch the contest and they've come down with it too.

Anyone any ideas of what it could be down to??

Cornetkate
Ransome band
 

Podgypickle

Member
Flowers band have been hit by it too, at least 10 people I know are struggling....but not me, hahaha!!!!

Had the pleasure of listening to my housemate (Weenie) running the gauntlet to the bathroom all night!!!!
 

boneman0970

Member
Hi
I've just phoned Eviromental Health up and reported my members going down with the Lurgy!
The rest of you Guy's and Gals need to phone 01388 816166 and ask for Enviromental Health!!
Good luck and get better soon!!
 

jambo

Member
Afraid we have another victim here. 4am yesterday morn it started, however, i've managed to keep a cuppa down for the last two hours so i'm horeful!

All the best to all those with this lovely pukey disease. I blame the swimming baths being too close to the kitchens. Can't be the beer, I didnt have any (shock horror). :(
 

Di

Active Member
boneman0970 said:
Hi
I've just phoned Eviromental Health up and reported my members going down with the Lurgy!
The rest of you Guy's and Gals need to phone 01388 816166 and ask for Enviromental Health!!
Good luck and get better soon!!
Good on ya, i was just posting a link to the defra website and it went all funny and told me page not found. Anyway, since this is such a big topic, why not ask a nice mod to post the number you rang as a sticky?
 
Sorry to hear you've all been unwell since Spennymoor :(

However, all I've read so far is people saying they've been ill etc.... has anybody actually done anything about this ? I know the question's been asked about contacting the Environmental Health Dept, so what's happened ?

If anybody wanted to take this further, I'd suggest doing something now (while it's still fresh in your memories.. although I'm sure it will be for a while yet !).

Put everything in writing, and keep copies so you'll stand some chance of recompense. I'm no lawyer, but "Mass Food Poisoning ?".... must be a good case for somebody !


The moral of this story.... Stop whinging, and do something about it !


Right... I'm now off my High Horse ! :)


Let us know how you get on... perhaps you'd want to nominate somebody who's been affected by the same "bug" to be a spokesperson for you all ?

Volunteers please.....



Mark :D
 

Wutburn

New Member
Wutburn

Wass up all night on moday into tuesday with it and half the whitburn boys were off uni yesterday along with maself. Just read bout the kirkie crew havin it aswell. let's hope it doesn't spoil both band's chances this sunday in Glasgow. Get well soon to all anyway.
 

boneman0970

Member
Enviromental Health said that there are reports comming in all over regarding "Spennymoor Leisure Centre 21st November 2004'
You all need to phone them 01388 816166 and ask for Enviromental Health!
They'll ask for names and address's of those who have been stricken by the lurgy,Good job for all us secretary's
Thats the best I can do folks.
Good Luck
 

jizza

New Member
spennymoor illness

hi ya guys and gals theres about 25 or so in mount charles whos got sickness and diarrhoea im off work for the second day just cant keep anything down at the moment, ive contacted our local enviromental health office who are taking a list of names and numbers they are also going to be contacting the local health offices where we stayed dont know what it can be i didnt have anything to eat at the contest just a few drinks never mind im sure we will all be on the mend soon
 

Dave Payn

Active Member
boneman0970 said:
Enviromental Health said that there are reports comming in all over regarding "Spennymoor Leisure Centre 21st November 2004'
You all need to phone them 01388 816166 and ask for Enviromental Health!
They'll ask for names and address's of those who have been stricken by the lurgy,Good job for all us secretary's
Thats the best I can do folks.
Good Luck

Yes, joking aside (unlike me, I know) this sounds serious! I'd definitely report Spennymoor to the EH! Again, I hope those afflicted get well soon.
 

jim

Member
Podgypickle said:
Flowers band have been hit by it too, at least 10 people I know are struggling....but not me, hahaha!!!!

Had the pleasure of listening to my housemate (Weenie) running the gauntlet to the bathroom all night!!!!

Glad to now im not the only one who was with flower's on the weekend who got it!, boy never been that ill before, another great weekend away I hope weenie and the others get better soon.
 

GrahamF

New Member
This is random!

I have caught the Spennymoor bug too.

I thought that it was a bit weird but nothing more when I found out that at least 10 Whitburn players were down but as it turns out this is quite serious. I worry with Kirkie about the forthcoming weekend!

For the record, I drank 3 pints of Carling beer in the hall and also had curry and chips from that dingy chippy!

Damn my student diet.....
 

deave

Member
i had lasagne and veg from that place in the bar at spennoil and about 8 pints...i've felt utter ds for 2 days and am struggling with chest pains....****** northerners
 

Mrs Fruity

Member
5 of us at Reg Vardy so far, all on Tuesday with the same symptoms- mine arrived in the middle of a school trip to Durham Cathedral!!!! My husband's arrived on his way home from work on Tuesday and we're in the process of making the final head count...

For the record I had corned beef pie and Colin had a pasty, another sicky had the curry.
 

ersop

New Member
All i had was a sausage sandwich and a few (ok several) pints of lager, mine started at 2am tues morning and i was resident in the toilet till about 8pm last night although i didnt feel totally right till today.
 

johnthackhorn

New Member
rightnowmusic said:
Sorry to hear you've all been unwell since Spennymoor :(

However, all I've read so far is people saying they've been ill etc.... has anybody actually done anything about this ? I know the question's been asked about contacting the Environmental Health Dept, so what's happened ?

If anybody wanted to take this further, I'd suggest doing something now (while it's still fresh in your memories.. although I'm sure it will be for a while yet !).

Put everything in writing, and keep copies so you'll stand some chance of recompense. I'm no lawyer, but "Mass Food Poisoning ?".... must be a good case for somebody !


The moral of this story.... Stop whinging, and do something about it !


Right... I'm now off my High Horse ! :)


Let us know how you get on... perhaps you'd want to nominate somebody who's been affected by the same "bug" to be a spokesperson for you all ?

Volunteers please.....



Mark :D
I have contacted the Envirnmental Heath in Sedgefield who have been extremely helpful and are keen to know of anyone who has been unwell after Sun at Spennymoor. 01388 816166.
You can contact the Sedgefield Borough Council by e mail from their web site: www.sedgefield.gov.uk
Get well soon and good luck!
 

johnthackhorn

New Member
give samples!!!

Mrs Fruity said:
5 of us at Reg Vardy so far, all on Tuesday with the same symptoms- mine arrived in the middle of a school trip to Durham Cathedral!!!! My husband's arrived on his way home from work on Tuesday and we're in the process of making the final head count...

For the record I had corned beef pie and Colin had a pasty, another sicky had the curry.
If you live in the Spennymoor district/area then you might be able to help the Environment Health people find the cause for this sickness. Up to now it appears that the banding fraternity wernt the only people suffering ... even sports goers have been going down with the same sickness!

I have spoken to the Sedgefield Environment Health staff who are keen to obtain a sample from anyone who has been ill. They will send an Environment Health Officer out to you and do the necessary...! see previous message for full details
 

Sellers_Bird

Active Member
jus rung them myself and reported me as one of the casualties... very nice person i spoke to, is very keen on hearing from people who have been ill, so get them rung!
 
Seems like I'm about the only one who's still standing!!!
I did'nt eat anything there but must have consumed about
a truckload of lager!!!!
Hope you all get better quickly.
Good meeting you on Sunday Sellers Bird!!!
Sx.
 

Mrs Fruity

Member
johnthackhorn said:
If you live in the Spennymoor district/area then you might be able to help the Environment Health people find the cause for this sickness. Up to now it appears that the banding fraternity wernt the only people suffering ... even sports goers have been going down with the same sickness!

I have spoken to the Sedgefield Environment Health staff who are keen to obtain a sample from anyone who has been ill. They will send an Environment Health Officer out to you and do the necessary...! see previous message for full details


Sorry but I'm afraid I've got nothing left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've spoken to our practice nurse to ask if they would need a sample (as the doc had already provided the necessary receptacle!!!) and she said it's usually just required if the d + v continues for more than 3 days - I'm not sure I could oblige now anyway!!!
What a horrid topic of conversation - beeuuurrgghh!
 

Product tMP members are discussing

Top