Prospective MD seeks a band!

nethers

Hi everyone!

I'm Marc Nethercot, currently solo trom at united co-op yorks. (and great fun it is!) and I've just finished by BMus (music degree) at Huddersfield Uni. Next year I'll still be here in Hudds doing an MA and working as a brass teacher in Derbyshire.

Anyway, to the point! I'm searching for a band to conduct. As I'm only 21, I haven't got lots of experience, but I have done some conducting (with positive feedback, including the conducting module at Hudds Uni) and have worked as a player with just about every big name conductor I can think of. I've done teaching before (again with good references) but would like to expand in to a new field!

So, is there a band (ideally not a youth band - I am better at music than child control. But I'm not too concerned about standard - an enthusiastic 4th section band is preferable to a political/unfriendly 1st section band!) within easy driving distance of where I am in Huddersfield, that rehearses on nights other than Mondays and Thursdays (sorry folks, co-op's rehearsals) that wants to give me a try? To sweeten the deal, I don't want paying!

I'm a dead friendly guy and will treat any replies in confidence if you like.
Hoping for lots of replies! Thanks all

conducting

Hi I know of two bands after a conductor, both are Non Contesting.

Bedale Brass Nr Leeming, Northallerton
Contact Andy Dalby 01845525693
Reh Wed 730-930

Northallerton Silver, in Northallerton
Contact Dave Prest (presto)
Reh mon and thur 730-930 ish

I Play and have conducted both bands and help both out.
Hope this helps.

Lee

gd lk

hi m8, good luck with findin a band to conduct, i'll b lookin 4 1 to conduct in the near future, im currently doin conductin at the band studies course at accrington and rossendale, richard evans is the main tutor in that department, hope u find a band soon, gd lk, CliVE

gotta b careful here coz we have 2 stick 2 the primary subject but the course involves playing, conducting, composing, arranging, harmony(in the 1st and 2nd yrs only), 2 essays(dissatations), 10 critiques of band rehersals, concerts, contests, etc, and diary entries, and then some guys and come down 2 do lectures about certain aspects of music and banding, its a 4 year part time course where u go there 7 weekends per college year and altho its a part time course, it feels like u get full time work, lol, gr8 course tho, the tutors r richard evans, arthur butterworth, david golightly, alan fernie, chris andrews, and then theres the individual tutors who come down 2 give u lessons, ian porthouse does cornets, steven booth does baritones, not sure who does horns/flugel, or euphs, shawn crowther does basses, and trevor wallbank does trombones, bram gay is currently the external examiner, it was james gourlay, but bram gay did it this yr and has agreed 2 do it 4 the next 3 yrs aswell, i highly recomend the course, and its a ba hons college degree at accrington and rossendale college, its externally linked with the university of sheffield.

hope thats enough info 4 ya, if u wanna know nethingelse then let me know. lol