pro trumpet/cornet player needs a UK work visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrumpetNick

Dear All,

I have been trying for few months now to get a day job in UK (and a work visa permit that goes together with) but the recruitment agencies in my country don't seem to be too proactive and able to do their job.

My basic plan was to get a work visa and get a day job which would allow me to pay bills while searching for a performing/teaching (trumpet, brass) job.

The reason for this message is just to say that I am ready to commit to any group, band or orchestra ( or any of their members) who would be willing and able to help me to get a the visa/permit in question.

If any of you falls in the above description and is interested in my offer, feel free to PM me.

To admin- I didn't know where to put my enquiry, so if you feel that this is the wrong forum, please move it where you think it is appropriate.

andywooler

Supporting Member
Have to approached the British Embassy where you live? That's the normal starting point for a work visa.

TrumpetNick

Andy,

I feel like being in a vicious circle. The situation is the following:

1. Most employers in UK require from the prospective employees to be eligible to work and live in UK (with other words, one should hold possession of UK work visa/permit before approaching them)

2. In order to get an UK work visa, a Bulgarian national must present prove of a formal job offer. Now go back to #1

3. You can probably skip #1 and #2 if you get assistance from a recruitment agency that is authorized to employment abroad

4. Most of the above mentioned agencies are not trustworthy or not proactive enough (IMO). Consider this - I got 1 job offer for more than six months...

Now you probably understand why I decided to do such an desperate act, by posting my offer to bands and orchestras (respectively to their members).

P_S_Price

The reason for 1 - is that employers get heavily fined if caught employing somebody who is not eligible to work in the UK.

Immigration is a touchy subject politically in Britain at the momment, particularly in recent years from former Eastern Block countries (which Bulgaria is). Basically if you arent doing a job that is on a list of wanted skills you almost havent got a cat in hells chance of getting a UK work visa.

(Which is why many immigrants come in as Assylum seekers, student visas, marriages, etc etc).

Politically, Britain currently is trying to discourage economic Migration unless you are in a field where there is a skills shortage.

Its a Shame that Bulgaria is not in the EU, then all your problems would magically disappear.

TrumpetNick

Its a Shame that Bulgaria is not in the EU, then all your problems would magically disappear.

Actually Bulgaria is an EU member for already a couple of years, but that doesn't change much, except for tourists...And things in Bulgaria haven't changed either much because of the EU membership...Bulgaria is not in the Schengen Area yet, but that's another topic....

I would be more than just an economic immigrant, but that would be difficult to prove.

Last edited:

P_S_Price

I would agree if Bulgaria is an EU country then Surely you have the same rights as an EU citizen as any British Citizen? Isnt that the point of the EU?

MoominDave

I've forwarded this thread to a Bulgarian colleague who's worked here for quite a few years - he may have some thoughts. I'll let you know if so.

Could you enroll as a student in the UK, and look for trumpet work whilst undertaking your course?

TrumpetNick

Taking a course would be an expensive solution, which I can afford at present. Hopefully your BG colleague may work something out.. Thank you for your assistance.

MoominDave

Nick,

Could you send me a PM with your email address please? My colleague has a personal contact within the Bulgarian Embassy in London who he thinks may be able to be of assistance...

Bayerd

:D This is a good thread!

It sure is.

Trumpet Nick- rather than fly thousands of miles to find work, try finding it where you live. There are already more than enough fully qualified brass teachers/players in the UK struggling for work........

TrumpetNick

Bayerd,

I know that you point is valid, but the thing is, I don't want to live anymore in my own country. The job issue is not the only reason; and I am not convinced that I need to explain the why on the forum. Whether it will be UK, US or another country, it really doesn't matter at that stage. At first UK looked like the easiest option for me, but I am not sure that much anymore. Whether someone like that thread or not is NOT my concern at present. If the moderator(s) doesn't want it there, he/she (they) can remove it at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.