Private Messages

The Cornet King

sparkling_quavers said:
if u have an adblocker that could be blocking it chris

Excuse my ignorance but what is one of those :?
If i have one how do i find out, and how do i get rid of it?? :?

Cheers for the help guys! Needless to say my comp expertise is VERY limited!

sparkling_quavers

it's a program that blocks pop up's from websites.......should think you should know if you installed it........unless someone else did it all for you then ask them!

The Cornet King

sparkling_quavers said:
it's a program that blocks pop up's from websites.......should think you should know if you installed it........unless someone else did it all for you then ask them!

Oh right, well i aint installed one of those.
Shall remain a mystery i think!
Cheers for the help though Sparkly :D

flugelgal

I have the same problem but it only started recently. I use Norton Internet Security and I'm sure I didn't change anything but suddenly it blocked all scripts that open a new window (it assumes that they're ads...). I had to configure it to allow scripts for particular sites. Took me AGES to work out what was wrong though :? I felt really stupid when I did in the end.

To all the people who helped me - you know who you are - thanks :D

Kirsty

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
The Cornet King said:
Oh right, well i aint installed one of those.
Shall remain a mystery i think!
Cheers for the help though Sparkly :D

You might have installed this Chris inadvertantly if you have installed say a full VirusScan Suite or maybe the Google toolbar... have you done that lately?

louise0502

once i logged onto tMP, got my PM, only to check my email the next day and thought "oooh i've got another PM!" but it was the one i'd already got!

The Cornet King

TheMusicMan said:
You might have installed this Chris inadvertantly if you have installed say a full VirusScan Suite or maybe the Google toolbar... have you done that lately?

hmm...google toolbar...you may be onto something there John!
How do i undo whatever i have done? :?
Do i need to change my settings or something??

Cheers John...think you may have hit the nail on the head!

dyl

Chris, all you need to do (to allow pop-ups on tMP i.e. pm notifications) is click on the button to the right of the 'Page Rank' on your Google toolbar - it might say something similar to '63 blocked' - that will then allow the pop-ups to load.

Try that!

The Cornet King

dyl said:
Chris, all you need to do (to allow pop-ups on tMP i.e. pm notifications) is click on the button to the right of the 'Page Rank' on your Google toolbar - it might say something similar to '63 blocked' - that will then allow the pop-ups to load.

Try that!

Dyl you are a genius!!!! :D
Thanks mate...just tested the theory and i got a pop up message! :D

Cheers mate!
Thank you all the mods that have helped. :D
:wink: