Preston Contest

sparkling_quavers

Nadia said:
ms sparkling_quavers..
dobX came 4th i think, just in case u still didnt know.. and my money was on them to win aswell, they had the best band sound on the day in my opinion.. hepworth also played a blinder and i had them in 2nd with wingates in 3rd.
Yeah I agree!

Di B

Although Brians comments are very valid, whatever position you come you can feel extremely cheated with poor remarks. In the lower sections I believe that even the band that came first could have improved their performance and/or made a slip somewhere and constructive criticism is beneficial.

It makes matters worse when you have come 12th and another band came 18th and there are hardly any differences between the remarks!

Of course, don't get rid of the compliments altogether, but at Leicester last year we gave a decent performance yet not the result. The adjudicators comments were very valid and from these, although disappointed, we knew where we had gone wrong and how to correct things. Funny, but some of those comments are still helping the band in preparation for the area!

So, as long as the man in the box realises that he needs to show reasons for his placings in his remarks as a band has sweated over a piece, (and then does this!) then I am happy.

Di xx
www.matlockband.co.uk

i'd just like to say a big well done to Hesketh Bank band. I played with them in one of the lower sections at this contest (cant remember which) and they played absoloutley demonic (demonic in a good way) but still they came about second to last. Oh well, i hope the clean up next year like thay did at Fleetwood

IckleSop

Nice to see Pem up in the top end of results...........Nice one Boys and girls if anyones out there!!!

jonford

IckleSop said:
Nice to see Pem up in the top end of results...........Nice one Boys and girls if anyones out there!!!
Thanx! :D We are out here! Although we've not had as much success after Preston, we will be back! (hopefully!)