Preparing for emergenices

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well worth 10 minutes to read through, and I reckon it's probably better advice than the government's booklet anyway..... :?

Ann-Marie

Well, I see the link to that site still exists despite the fact the Government were trying to have it removed!!! :lol: Was just as funny when I read this the second time round.

I have noticed that the advert for the 'real' thing is being shown quite a lot - has anyone actually received their booklet yet?

dyl

Ann-Marie said:
has anyone actually received their booklet yet?
Mine arrived yesterday. Can't remember what I did with it though. Certainly didn't read it. If I find it, I might give it a quick read through. :wink:

jameshowell

VERY funny!

I've received my booklet a few weeks ago, its a waste of time and money and will just scare vulnerable p[eople. There isn't a single thing in there I wouldn't have assumed from common sense.

flugelgal

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work. Thing is, as I don't really watch much TV (it's been on once in the last 2 weeks...), so I haven't seen any adverts for this, and it looks like junk mail, I could quite easily have thrown it out!

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
flugelgal said:
Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work. Thing is, as I don't really watch much TV (it's been on once in the last 2 weeks...), so I haven't seen any adverts for this, and it looks like junk mail, I could quite easily have thrown it out!

...which would be the best thing for it. It is without doubt the most useless piece of government information ever. (and that includes the "if the 4-minute warning sounds remove a door and prop it against the stairwell of your house" what in four minutes? It takes me that long to find a screwdriver!!) I can't believe they missed out some basic first aid do's and don'ts. :?

There isn't even enough paper in it to make a decent bonfire!! :roll:

Naomi McFadyen

Mine came through yesterday.... I havent read it yet.... prolly wont.... but it's in view in my sitting room if the emergancy ever happens :p

As with the bonfire comment from WoodenFlugel....
If we all got our booklets together!!........................ ;-)

flugelgal

WoodenFlugel said:
(and that includes the "if the 4-minute warning sounds remove a door and prop it against the stairwell of your house"

What about people who live in bungalows?

PeterBale

Staff member
flugelgal said:
WoodenFlugel said:
(and that includes the "if the 4-minute warning sounds remove a door and prop it against the stairwell of your house"

They've obviously got 4 minutes to find the nearest house :shock: :wink: :lol:

cornetgirl

I must be favoured - or they think someone's gonna bomb Hull - got mine 2 weeks ago.

I flicked through it then I think I accidentally lost it amongst the tins of baked beans :roll: - did anyone else notice the page on "What the Government are doing" has very little info on it???

Like the alternative site tho!

Rach x

jameshowell

flugelgal said:
WoodenFlugel said:

What makes you think they'd bother you "simpletons" up there in bonnie scotland *reference to person bfore joke for those who think im really anti scottish and nasty, im not, kirsty's own words... :lol: * ? Neways, you could always use a cow up against the door, might have the same effect??? Lol!

mikelyons

Supporting Member
Has anyone read "When The Wind Blows" by Raymond Briggs?

Much better than the government hogwash. Certainly more truthful. I believe Oliver Knussen wrote the music for the cartoon version.

jameshowell

flugelgal said:
I actually have stairs, James :wink: I was thinking about my parents though... :shock:

I don't have stairs either, I live in a 2 bedroomed bungalow. Doesn't matter though, I've got my bunker with WoodenFlugel and Lynchie :lol:

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Don't worry James I'm stockpiling Plutonium in our garden shed. I get it from a bloke down my local. Funny though since I've been "preparing for emergencies" the local cats have all gone missing and I keep getting these strange red marks on my skin....

Oh and my hair is falling out.....but I'm putting that down to old age :shock: :?

jonford

We've only just recieved the booklet, I notice its full colour,glossy and thick paper and just wondering how much all this has cost!! Like most people, not read it, just flicked through it and theres not many pictures for people who can't read!! or can't be bothered too :)

jameshowell said:
. There isn't a single thing in there I wouldn't have assumed from common sense.

well to get serious: it was advertised that way as well! and i dotn really think the government would want to print all the details of their anti terrorist plans