Pre drawn No.1 - Withdraw ?

tubafran

Perhaps one solution would be to remove the No 1 ball from the bag and replace it with an additional last number - that way no band will every "draw" the infamous No 1 ball.

Alternatively perhaps we should have some thing equivalent to an athletics "pacesetter" that is a band that always competes at the number one spot but isnt included in the overall results.

ashwortdn

I listened to uppermill play 1 today in the fourth section at pontins and play a very solid performance and held on to win the championships.
Against there main rivals lostock hall memorial (4th section national champions)

Masterblaster jnr

Lostock hall also being drawn later, surprisingly. I just think it's defeatist if you do that. Look at Hebden Bridge and Uppermill. 6th and 1st is it? good results for both bands. it's not impossible to win off it, you just have o put in a performance you would put in drawn 20

The Wherryman

I give up, are they welsh or scottish?

I think you might have stumbled onto something there. Perhaps there should be a new thread about whether the band drawn No.1 should play their own "National Anthem" under these circumstances...or perhaps not.

I'll get me coat...

Mesmerist

Maybe the answer is that any band drawn no 1 automatically has a point added on to their final result...

Mesmerist

I think I`d take the extra point. Could come in very handy. Perhaps if you didn`t need it it could be carried forward to the next contest and used again. Bit like a wimbledon wild card otr tesco points. You could save enough and win one contest without even entering

The Wherryman

...or to make things even simpler - have the draw, those are the final positions - no need to play and everyone off to the bar.

lynchie

How about you just put all the bands through registration at the same time, and the MDs have a royal rumble. First one over the top rope has to conduct first. That'd drag in the crowds.

Hells Bones

How about you just put all the bands through registration at the same time, and the MDs have a royal rumble. First one over the top rope has to conduct first. That'd drag in the crowds.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Do they have wrestlers names as well?

Anno Draconis

Do they have wrestlers names as well?

Laaaaaaadeeeeeeezzz and Gentlemen.......

In the blue corner, Dr Nick "The Undertaker" Childs
In the red corner, Allan "Catweazle" Withington.

2 falls, 2 submissions or a knockout to decide the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain! No gouging, biting or hitting below the belt.

Now THAT'S how to get bands back on the telly.....:clap::clap::D