Pre-announcing tMP Promotional Gear...

Would you buy tMP promotional gear? If so....

• Yup - I might buy a t-shirt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yup - I might buy a polo-shirt

• I'd buy other goodies such as.... (pls comment)

• Total voters

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Hiya All

Just a quick note to let you all know that I am presently in the process of getting some tMP Promotional goodies sorted. There will soon be tMP t-shirts, polo-shirts, badges and stickers available - should you so desire... :)

Just so I have an idea of any interest that there might be out there for such goodies, can you let me know by answering this poll please... :) Don't worry, there's no commitment :D - it's just set up to simply give me an indication of the level of interest and how I should now proceed.

I'll be putting pics/images of the goodies online soon so you can see what they look like.

I will be implementing a PayPal payment option ASAP so you can buy all the goods by Visa/Delta/Master/Amex etc electronically online - or by normal route - cheque/PO etc if required. You can also Sponsor tMP using this PayPal system if you feel the need!

Keep an eye out....

Thanks for your support...
John

PeterBale

Staff member
Good to hear it's all coming into place - it would be great to have a crowd of TMPers all togged up at the Open - we'd certainly find each other then!!!

bagpuss

Great idea music man!!!

Note to Roger......do you reckon we can get the committee to shell out for case stickers for ALL of the percussion???? :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah, bring them on!!!! Hope to see them soon!!

Monsieur le Chat

Wow, it's a great idea and then at events when we bombard them as memebers of tmp, we'd feel like a 'uniformed' team! I think that pale blue would be a great colour to represent but providing they're not illuminous - I'll certainly be placing an order!

blondie

Great idea John, I'd certainly be up for pro-mo stuff!!! Could we have car stickers as well????

This would be great so we could all say hello and not just appear to be talking to random strangers at gigs!!! :wink:

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
blondie said:
Great idea John, I'd certainly be up for pro-mo stuff!!! Could we have car stickers as well????

This would be great so we could all say hello and not just appear to be talking to random strangers at gigs!!! :wink:

Great idea that blondie! - I'll see what can be done.... thanks for the suggestion...

John

blondie

Just another thought John, what about key rings and pens??? We did this for Wem just to make a few quid and they were reasonable quality.

Novelty items always go well, and I imagine that this would also be the case at contests. When people have forgotten their pens for the results!!!! :wink: :wink:

michellegarbutt

Supporting Member
I think it's a great idea. Tshirts and polo shirts would be great for when we get bands together (Whit Friday, Easingwold ect) How about some baseball caps as well

Big Twigge

I'd buy some stuff (not promising I'd wear it daily, but like my Wem t-shirt and sweatshirt they would be proudly worn on contest days or on sundays when I'm not leaving the house and I can't be bothered to do any washing so wear whats left!)
Key ring and pens would be v. useful though!

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Hi All

Thanks for your support here - this is really appreciated. Thought I'd give you an update as to where we are re all this...

WWW Shopping Cart: Well, the www site pages for shopping cart are all now completed and I'm doing some final testing of the final system which seems to work OK!

t-shirts:
I viewed proofs of the artwork and graphics for the t-shirts yesterday - some final ammendments need to be made then we're ready with those.

Polo Shirts:
With the polo-shirts a different story. Presently I'm looking to get these embroidered rather than vinyl printed and so including the tMP logo would push the price up significantly, so I'm sticking to tMP Text - you'll see the design as soon as I have an item delivered.

Stickers (car and case): the artwork is currently being produced and I'm expecting samples later this week. As soon as I have them, I'll be putting pics on the www site and off we go!

Expect a further update within a week - sometime following Easingwold I imagine... :)

Thanks for your support - it's great to know that there actually is some interest out there... :)

John

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
PeterBale said:
Are we having lapel badges as well?

Yes Peter, I do intend to offer lapel badges as I think there would be a demand for them. The thing is, I have to buy these type of item en-masse and as I'm not taking tMP into a full commercial venture (i.e. all money comes from me & sponsorship) I won't be shelling out several hundred pounds for the minimum order quantity demanded by potential suppliers just yet. As soon as I build up enough reserve from t-shirts et al, and when I'm sure there's big enough demand for me to fork this amount of money I will obtain them. I just don't want to risk losing a few hundred pounds if they don't then sell when I could put that money towards development and hosting support costs etc...

'tis very difficult when you do this sort of thing as a hobby-gone-mad and not as a commercial business... honest... :? I am trying :(

John

[quote="TheMusicMan]I could put that money towards development and hosting support costs etc...

John[/quote]

Are these things which some tMPers could help with? I know we have some very technical people here?

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Mike - you're right, there are several very clever people here who already help me out and I'm very grateful to them for their assistance :)

All - I have added the initial PayPal button - which can be used for Sponsorship/Donations (if you feel the need... every penny counts folks :D ) - the next stage is to verify the artwork for the t-shirts and polo-shirts, and upload the new shopping cart pages and we're off.

Should be online soon... :)

John

:D Great idea MM, it's probably too late now, but how about a space on the case stickers and lapel badges to put our forum names, so we can be recognised instantly, (or avoided if so desired!) Hope they'll be ready for when I'm in the UK!!! :wink:

hornblower

Great idea MM I'd def buy some stuff...as I have to work in a polo shirt with "MOO" on the back (museums outreach online) I'm sure I'm beyond all ridicule!!