Pontins Draw

Roger Thorne

Announcement:

The Administrator and Moderators of the Mouthpiece.com feel that publishing your band's draw or proposed choice of test piece for a particular contest for public knowledge is not advisable and could lead to allegations of improper conduct being made.
We would also suggest that you gain permission from your Band before doing so.

The Mouthpiece.com team

:wink:

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Roger Thorne said:
Announcement:

The Administrator and Moderators of the Mouthpiece.com feel that publishing your band's draw or proposed choice of test piece for a particular contest for public knowledge is not advisable and could lead to allegations of improper conduct being made.
We would also suggest that you gain permission from your Band before doing so.

The Mouthpiece.com team

:wink:

I fully support what Roger says here folks. We are preparing a 'Guideline/Policy Statement' on this type of posting activity which will be posted this evening for anyone who is interested.

euphemism

it does seem odd tho that the draw has been made so far in advance - especially as it is closed adjudication

Logistics apart - this could undermine results - if the 'wrong band' win or lose.....

Ahem - back to adjudication again.....

neiltwist

the draw is made so early so that bands can know what time they are supposed to play, and hence what time they should set off.

stopher

neiltwist said:
the draw is made so early so that bands can know what time they are supposed to play, and hence what time they should set off.

Or leave the bar and stop drinking.

Maybe!

A J Foad

Euphemism wrote
it does seem odd tho that the draw has been made so far in advance - especially as it is closed adjudication

Personally, I would put that the other way 'round - It does seem odd that it is closed adjudication as the draw has already been made. I don't mean to start up the entire 'Open v Closed' debate, but I do think that pre-drawn contests should be adjudicated in the open.

To pick up on Euphemism's point rgarding the timing of the draw, it doesn't make any difference if the draw is made a day in advance, or six months - the only way the draw can be kept secret is for the adjudicator to be in the box when it is made - NOT that I'm suggesting that our respectable adjudicators would try to find out the draw in advance!