Pontins Contest 2004

satchmo shaz

Naruco said:
I txt Shaz at Long Eaton to find out where they came... they also got the best youngest player in the percussion section which I was well pleased with :)

Congrats to all the winners in all sections so far :-D
i was so pleased for young Joe on percussion! he is one of my eight year old percussionists!! I also have a 9 year ols and an 11 year old (as well as Iain who is 21 + but he has only been playing 2 years!)

SBB

I know i'm biased, but i thought we deserved a better place than 14th!! can't belive it really??! we played in our own eyes a good performance, and from what other people had commented from our performance we thought we had clinched at least a top 6 placing! Thought Elland played well and Haslington & Helmshore, and many more that wernt placed as high as they were, but also thought other bands did not play as well as us and came higher up! only my opinion and i suppose as its a new test piece, its how the conductor interprets it, "WE WOZ ROBBED" lol! but hey thats contesting for ya!! Well done anyway to Barnsely and all the other bands that were placed in the prizes.

Ben

*By the way what do others think???

drummerboy

Well done Staffs!!!!!! Good to see you're doing well without me making a racket behind you!! Totally gutted about having to leave, but nice to see you keep up the fantastic form all year.

flashbarry

Congratulation to all the bands taking part this weekend, wish we could have been there. A special mention to Ashton and Rach's little brother!!

Hope all the bands enjoyed playing Prelude and Jubilate ;)

Pythagoras

Well done to everybody at Barnsley Building Society particularly Geordie Colin. Won't hear about anything else for ages now as my flatmates were Flugel and gong basher.

Also well done to Sparkly.

Commiserations to Pat (BBC Bari) and Welwyn Garden City.

Pastit

Well done Wayne and Wrexham Brass for successfully defending your first section title. Fantastic performance from everyone!!

ari01

I'd just like to congratulate everyone at Towcester Studio Band for a fantastic weekend and a deserved 2nd place.

Well done, especially Colin Bugby who played the trombone cadenza superbly.

:( band didnt play great.... but I was pleased with how I played so ******** to it :-D welldone to all winners... particularly my dad on sop at ransomes... :lol: (no, not really :shock: )

Last edited by a moderator:

Waterboy

How Did U Play Pennine? Were U Not Happy With The Results? So What Everyone Think Of The Pieces? The Second Section One Wasnt Very Good At All To Listen Too Or Play. Anyway Thats Life.

Just Wish My Sunday Would Of Been Better Nice Seeing All Ex Imps Of Old Players. Miss The Old Days Matt King Thanks For The Drink. But There Is Life After Flixton On The Rise Once Again Yippee

rutty

Well done all the winners and commiserations to everyone else :)

Thanks to Ibstock for taking me along - I thoroughly enjoyed the piece (London Overture) and pleased with 7th place. They're a great set of lads/lasses and I had a fantastic time over the weekend.

I didn't see many tMPers there - caught sight of Sparkly once, Elin walked past, and also one young lady with "Drummergurl" written on the back of her t-shirt - but I didn't recognise anyone else. I was the only one at Pontins this year with a Carlton Brass jacket on if you saw me about. We had to get the bus back after the results on Saturday so I missed most of the fun and the tMP band - maybe next year ;)

Last edited:

zuzanna

Woohoo, we won!
Geordie Colin was thrilled about this too and celebrated so much he had to be put to bed last night at midnight with double vision

s_trumpet

Thanks Dave :)

Me, Ade and Russ carried on the celebrations in such style (well as much style as you can get at Pontins) Hehehe....

Check out my Zippy!

Charlotte x

geordiecolin

zuzanna said:
Geordie Colin was thrilled about this too and celebrated so much he had to be put to bed last night at midnight with double vision

Yes, well, the less said about that the better. Although i did get to see 4 average comedians last night unlike everyone else who only saw 2!!

Silk Brass Ben said:
Well done anyway to Barnsely and all the other bands that were placed in the prizes. *By the way what do others think???

Thanks! I don't listen to my own section but I was mildly surprised we won to say the least. I personally thought our performance was solid and there were no errors but i thought it lacked a bit in style. Saying that though the band are good enough to win and we were looking to win!! And we did win!! Woohoo!!

heather said:
Also, well done and thanks Barnsley Building Society for fulfilling my prediction.

I aim to please!!

tubafran

geordiecolin said:
I personally thought our performance was solid and there were no errors but i thought it lacked a bit in style.
Sorry to disagree Colin but I heard your performance and others and the middle section was excellent - not sure what the adjudicator wrote on his remarks but this section must have counted towards your win.

By the way shouldn't you have added this win to your signature?:p

geordiecolin

Not that you'd be biased..... ;)

I always thought the middle movement would sort the bands out. can't wait to see the remarks on thursday

cornetshell

Well done to all the bands that took part at pontins, as always someone has to win, and the others have to work harder next year to beat 'em....but thats banding right??!

Firstly well done to my 'homeboys!' at Wellington (Telford) Brass Band, You played well, ashame it was 6th, but next year im sure you can prove yourself as true champions :D Keep up the hard work...

Well done to Wayne and everyone from Wrexham, you proved that you were no fluke ;) and i know it wasn't a fix.....

And finally Well done to staffs band.... it was definatly an experience playing with you!- hope your hangovers were not too servere!probably see you at the academy....

- Please someone remaind me to bring earplugs next year....so when i share my 'SHED' [...err cardboard box, accomadation] with Taz i can dream about things other than roadworks!.... :-D :shock: :-D
....you know i love you really :)

Chelle

Bones

s_trumpet said:
Thanks Dave :)

Me, Ade and Russ carried on the celebrations in such style (well as much style as you can get at Pontins) Hehehe....

Check out my Zippy!

Charlotte x

We all know where that Zippy's been though.

PS can you lower your stand

Product tMP members are discussing