Please read before posting . . .

Roger Thorne

To assist you in finding a deputy player(s) we suggest that the title of the thread reads as follows and includes: Instrument - Region - Date:

Examle:
Solo Cornet - North West - 20/05/2010

or

Eb Bass - Midlands - 03/06/2010

Also remember to post as much detail as you can to help your request. This information could include:

Name of your Band:
Dates and Times:
Venue:
Time of Arrival:
Section you are graded:
Concert/Contest Details:
Standard/Grade of player required:
Travel Assistance:
Contact Details - (we recommend that all correspondence is conducted via PM's or email)

and any other information you may think suitable.​
We would also appreciate if you could indicate that your request has been successful.

Your thread will be removed on or after the date of the event has passed.

Good luck - The MouthPiece.com team

;)

Last edited:

skweeky

Aaarrgghh

Hello mods, just a quick point, it seems people (and now me) hardly put location details in the thread title (just instrument, date, maybe the contest title....(another point on that is sometimes people don't know when "butlins" is... a date would be nice sometimes)) but then you read the whole post and its not 'till the end of the thread that you notice "need to attend 50 rehearsals on a small island off the southern coast of europe"

That, topped with masses of out-dated posts filling the first page with "we need a tuba for a concert last night" where on the next page there might be some forward-thinking chap that requests a dep with a months notice, with negative effect because no-one sees his post.....Just gets a bit annoying, and there is probably no easy solution and also has, probably, been brought to your attention a million times before.... but just incase i'm the first :)

Last edited:

dyl

Hello mods, just a quick point, it seems people (and now me) hardly put location details in the thread title (just instrument, date, maybe the contest title....(another point on that is sometimes people don't know when "butlins" is... a date would be nice sometimes))

I guess it'll make the bands' jobs of finding a dep even more difficult then! If people can't be bothered to advertise properly then I'm afraid that can't be our fault! I know you're not blaming us, but this has to be the responsibility of the person posting the advert in the first place.

There's a sticky at the top of the Deputy Requirments forum with our suggestion on how to get the best out of using this category: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21122

If people choose to ignore it then that's their prerogative.

skweeky

I completely understand that. I think the main point from this is that people who use it correctly end up back on page 2, 3, 4.... and tend not to get the deps they require. I also have no sympathy for people not advertising properly, as you said, it's their own fault. But they are also causing the bands who rely on this thread and use it correctly to get shunted out.

I know you have no blame and have a perfectly good guide at the top of the thread, I am just making a plea for people to:

1) give more notice

2) give FULL details

3) consider other bands

Di

Have taken care of one aspect of your post and removed the outdated requirements. This was something that was being done regularly until fairly recently, but it's been sorted again now. ;)