Players for Holland Trip - August 2004

tubafran

Killamarsh Silver Band are touring Holland this year and we have a few places left on our coach. We would be keen to hear from front/back row cornets (not sop), horns (any) and percussionists.

We travel Saturday 21 and return Sunday 29 August. The cost is between £260 to £290 dependant on final numbers etc but includes travel and accommodation with continental breakfast.

This will be our third trip to Northern Europe and we can guarantee a brilliant time. Check with timbloke, pythagoras, James Gamble and the other members of Dronfield Band who went with us last year. Have a look at our website for pictures from last years trip.

www.killamarshsilverband.org.uk

If you are interested please pm me.

Highly recommend going on tour with Killamarsh. Been for the past 2 years and had a brilliant time on both! Actually enjoyed it so much the first time they haven't been able to get rid of me since! More fool them! :twisted:

sparkling_quavers

haha! great photos francis especially this one

Francis,Tim.JPG

very flattering timbloke!

oooo I could possibly be interested (other commitments permitting) this year- shame I missed out to Belgium, not want to miss out again :guiness :bounce

bassinthebathroom

geordiecolin said:
what a bunch of freaks! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

More worrying is the glass of Coke on the table in that picture, which suggests that at least one of these three wasn't drunk!! :lol: :lol:

tubafran

Holland Trip

Sorry to dissapoint you Iain but it wasn't our Coke and I think from the amount of empty beer glasses we must have been waiting for the next round. Come on 2 bass players and a bass trombone and you think ones teatotal?

By the way Rachael did you notice Zanna in the background? Didn't realise it was her stalking me.

tubafran

Holland Trip

Yes Zanna's going, so is Daniel, Amy, James (from Dronfield) and Tim. Keith was invited and has been for last 2 years but Dronfield are going to Germany (Zindelfingenberger or something) and I don't think he'll be coming with us. We definately need back row cornets and we'll let you sit next to Zanna.

Says she wants to share a room with you but as I'm doing the allocation that's a no no.

Get your a*se on tour!!

Was my first Killamarsh Tour year last year and we all had a cracking time.

Is Colin not coming because he's a lightwieght :wink: ?

geordiecolin

....hence the Coke!!

I will not be attending James, not because I'm a lightweight (which i'm not), but more prudently because I'm skint and i need the summer to earn some money.

Also, with Francis, Andy and Daniel, I don't think a 4th EEb Bass player would be appropiate!

tubafran

Holland Trip

Sorry Colin, you would have to be 5th EEb bass, don't forget Fi's coming too. Peddle the lot and pretend to be BBb.

tubafran

Holland Trip

At this stage Rachael, its 4 days in Amsterdam or nearby (subject to hotel prices) then 4 nights in the area of Arnhem. Playing at The Hague, Haarlem, Amsterdam and possibly the Six Flags theme park then Arnhem, Nijmegen and Maastricht. We hope to be playing at a food/music/beer festival on the Thursday or Friday evenings.

Coach is same company we used last year (Fraser Eagle) and we are having the same driver (Harry); best coach driver we have ever had plus he plays back row cornet. The coach comes with a trailer so we can get all the gear in and it's great to fill up with booze on the way back; and going come to that.

Playing each day for about 2 hours. Final details will be developed over the next few months as a lot is dependant on the formal appovals from the relevant town officials. Last year we only got the permission to play in the Grand Place, Brussels the week before we left.

geordiecolin

Re: Holland Trip

tubafran said:
Sorry Colin, you would have to be 5th EEb bass, don't forget Fi's coming too. Peddle the lot and pretend to be BBb.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry Franky, but even I have some standards! :eek:

Come on Rachael!!!

Remember the fun we had with the scratch band on Whit Friday? Times that by 10000! (slight exageration!). There's plenty of people you know. To add to those highlighted, there's Amy, Hazel, and Dave Ralph too.

Mick and Keith aint coming this year for whatever reason.

Come on!!!!!!!!! Might buy you a drink....? :wink:

sparkling_quavers

Re: Come on Rachael!!!

JamesGamble said:
Come on!!!!!!!!! Might buy you Lots of drinks....? :wink:

ah sounding even more tempting now! :twisted: How many cornets are you looking for? I know a few who could possibly be interested.