Pierced..........

Pierced or not........

• Total voters

Dan

Oo - it seems that most people on this forum don't really like piercing!! I went through a piercing phase about 10 years ago. First thing I had done was my nose, followed by the bellybutton, followed by the tragus (ear), the daith (ear) and then finally the tongue!

Yuk, I can hear you all say. They have now all gone apart from the belly and the tragus. Although I can still wear jewellery in my nose and tongue as they have never healed.

Unlike tatoos which are obviously permanent, you always have the choice to remove any piercing without leaving too much damage. As long as you haven't had numerous holes punched into various parts of your face!!! :?

twigglet

I like discreet piercings, such as ears and belly buttons on some people. And I think that only a few people actually suit facial piercings.

I also like discreet tattoos, like a little tiny one just below the hip or something, or like sparkly's on her ankle.

I haven't got one and I just have three ear holes, two in one ear and one in the other!

Ohhhh piercing....all i can say on that is OUCH, no way i would, just sounds too painful.

Funny though didn't bother me sitting through 2, 3 hour sessions of tattooing but i just couldn't face a piercing! :roll:

rutty

There's a girl that works in the Lush shop in Nottingham that seems to have quite a fw piercings - she has these spikes coming out of her eyebrows, lip, nose, ears (multiple) and no doubt several other places. She had a close-cropped hair cut and was quite gorgeous - I found it all very sexy, though I think it wouldn't suit everybody.

I have no piercings at all, and I don't plan to, or tattoos. I find some piecings and tatts rather pleasing on the eye though ;)

Mr Smiler

When I worked for Environmental Health we had a book in all about body art and piercings. It seemed pretty safe at first with sketches and methods all about piercings and tatoos. Then it got more and more graphic and the photos got more and more intimate....

All I can say is OOOOOOUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHH! and WHY ????????????????????? :? :? :? :?

It made my eyes water just looking at it!

rutty

Our old flugal/cornet/bari/tromb player had a Prince Albert, plus a few other piercings. Never did show it to anyone though. 8)

Cantonian

A guy that used to work with us got drunk at his leaving do and decided to display his 'Prince Albert'. I vowed not to stand alongside him in the toilets!

dyl

bigcry.gif

Cornishwomble

PeterBale said:
I don't have any particularly strong views on tattoos, but sometimes people tend to forget that what looks impressive on a fit young man looks rather different once that person gets a little older.

This comment really makes me laugh. I have 2 tattoos and I think that right now as a young man they look good.
I admit that when I'm 70 they might not look so cool. but then again by that stage I'll be wearing trousers that come up to my nipples, and have a face like droopy, so I think the tattoos will be the least of my worries.

Not a tattoo person me - although I can appreciate some of the artrwork - I used to walk past a place in Wandsworth that did them and look at the line of victims!! :twisted:

Piercings not so bad as long as they are discreet.

Becky, hows yours - the pain gone yet??

titch

I fear I may be setting a tMP record and I apologise to those of you who appear to be a little squemish.

:lol:

I have been pierced 22 times and have 3 tattoos.

Let me know if anyone can beat me.

By the way, I am the "band Freak!" :wink: :roll:

Fishsta

Roy Taylor said:
PeterBale said:
I don't have any particularly strong views on tattoos, but sometimes people tend to forget that what looks impressive on a fit young man looks rather different once that person gets a little older.

This comment really makes me laugh. I have 2 tattoos and I think that right now as a young man they look good.
I admit that when I'm 70 they might not look so cool. but then again by that stage I'll be wearing trousers that come up to my nipples, and have a face like droopy, so I think the tattoos will be the least of my worries.

Are you sure that's not "nipples that come down to my trousers"?

blondie

When I was at Uni, I had my right eyebrow pierced and had a silver hoop through it, then I opted for a blue titanium bar to go through instead. I never took it out until I had to go to my Grandad's funeral. Needless to say I never put it back in. I also had it put in without anaesthetic, because your not allowed to freeze an area above the mouth outside of hospital. (So I was told at the time)

However I am still wanting to get a tattoo done, but I think I might try a henna one, because at least they wear off in time. Lets face it, most of these impulses for some people are only fashion statements at the end of the day!!!!!

Fishsta

You need so much more...

Antonio Aguero (Cuba) has 230 piercings on his body and head. His face alone holds over 175 rings.

Tom Leppard (UK) is the most tattooed man, with 99.9% of his body tattooed, strangely enough, in the form of Leapard-skin - dark spots on a yellow background. He estimates that he spent over £5,000 on his tattoos.

rutty

Fishsta said:
Tom Leppard (UK) is the most tattooed man, with 99.9% of his body tattooed, strangely enough, in the form of Leapard-skin - dark spots on a yellow background. He estimates that he spent over £5,000 on his tattoos.
Didn't he also have his teeth filed into "fangs" too? I bet his mum is proud...

rutty said:
Fishsta said:
Didn't he also have his teeth filed into "fangs" too? I bet his mum is proud...

He's also a recluse who lives on a remote Scottish Isle somewhere. :shock: