Pieces by John Golland.

I have a big thing with John Golland and i have heared alot and i would like to now is there anywere were you can here pieces by him. I think its amazing and i have this big thing for him. Please help me with this if i could download it that would be mint aswell or if someone can send it to me. Plz tell me were i can listen to it atleast. :D I cant find anyhting though AGHHHHH :lol:

flugelgal

Stan Lippeatt's CD called "Friends" has John Golland's Flugel Horn Concerto on it - I think it's lovely and bought the sheet music for it... I've had a look at it but not a serious attempt to play it (that's too much like hard work :wink: )

Kirsty

HBB

You shouldn't be able to find it on the internet free (see copyright factsheet).

Aidan

Salford Uni Band are doing a John Golland Concert sometime soon. Not sure of a date or exact program, but we're doing his "Concerto for Band", "Aria", and "Sounds".

Toby

Nadia said:
Salford Uni Band are doing a John Golland Concert sometime soon. Not sure of a date or exact program, but we're doing his "Concerto for Band", "Aria", and "Sounds".

It is a 1 o clock start though which might rule it out.

Aidan

haha :D
well if you can get out of bed for 1 o'clock... (i knw the band will be struggling) then come along.. date tba :p

PeterBale

Staff member

MattB

John also did a wonderful arrangement of Deep Harmony, can't remember who published it, but I remember it as one of the best arrangements of a hymn tune I can remember.

ted

I have that CD.
All music are played by Brass Band Berner Oberland.

Not the best playing I've ever heard but it does have a lot of Golland pieces.

Ted

Lauradoll

Sounds is class!!! He also did a solo for baritone, but died before he finished it so Roy Newsome finished it off for him, how kind!! Pete Christian premiered it when I was at Salford.

We're currently playing one of his piece's called "Mieso" (i believe thats how you spell it, but could be wrong!) Its a Horn and Baritone duet that has a Japanese flavor to it (pentatonic throughout cornets and glock.) I believe it was written for Black Dyke when they toured Japan in 1990.

BoozyBTrom

We will be givin his Euphonium Concerto a run out at our next Band in residence concert for durham uni.

its on the 28th Of Feb. In Elvett Church Durham.

PeterBale

Staff member
Okiedokie of Oz said:
I love his Scherzo for Tuba!! It is a simple, yet exciting piece of music that I could play over and again!
Until you get it right :?: :wink: :lol:

Dave Euph

I have the parts and recordings of Golland's Euph Concertos 1 and 2 plus Peace. All in my mind are terrific pieces and it helps set Golland up as one of my favourite composers, alongside Ellerby and others.

cornetshell

hiya dave- didnt know you wre a "tMP-err"

yeah the concert at Salford uni [yes the 1o'clock one]
iiiiisss the 16th of March [tuesday?]
i think? well thats the date i have in my diary so if not you will hear a solo 2nd cornet part by me :roll: :shock: :roll:

:p

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.