Phobile moans

Dave Payn

WhatSharp? said:
The other probem is that the fizzy drinks manufacturers are increasingly converting to bottles which are wholely unsuitable for you avarage call. Great for those overseas calls (if a little slow) but useless for a local "string" call.

However the one small ray of light is that with the increasing redundancy for tin openers on your modern baked bean tin (which has a ring pull mechanism rather than a fixed lid) these are increasingly coming back into fahsion. A Slight disavantage is that unless washed properly private calls are always noticable by the tell tale spot of sauce on the nose.

The problem with baked beans tins was that some pranksters, after devouring its contents would simply fart down the tin, thereby sending the recipient an aforementioned 'ring' tone, which was not only somewhat unmusical, but highly asphyxiating for the recipient! This method was the forerunner of the 'contract' deals, inasmuch as one would regularly 'contract' ones buttocks in order to emit the most effective trouser trumpet to send to his/her recipient.

Last edited:

bruceg

Fortunately, up here in Scotland (and in some other parts of the UK too), we have the makers of Irn Bru thus making it possible for us to Barr unwanted calls...

Oh dear :D

Dave Payn

bruceg said:
Fortunately, up here in Scotland (and in some other parts of the UK too), we have the makers of Irn Bru thus making it possible for us to Barr unwanted calls...

Oh dear :D

However, Irn Bru, Coke, Vimto, Dr Pepper, etc. would rot ones dentistry if drunk too much, causing consumers to curse at their oral loss. The forerunner of 'bluetooth', methinks... ;-)

Dave Payn

Also, when Coke tin mobiles were at their peak, callers would often have to go outside at night in all sorts of cold weather and hope that the intended recipient would eventually do likewise in order to have a chat. This was the forerunner for 'cool waiting'.....

ronnie_the_lizard

Have you ever noticed how, if you use a "Sprite" can instead of Coke you start losing every other syllable from what you were trying to say, resulting in an almost unintelligible drivel?

I've decided to call this phenomenon "Sprite Missing Syllable Messaging"

Dave Payn

ronnie_the_lizard said:
Have you ever noticed how, if you use a "Sprite" can instead of Coke you start losing every other syllable from what you were trying to say, resulting in an almost unintelligible drivel?

I've decided to call this phenomenon "Sprite Missing Syllable Messaging"

Funny! (as was the 'Barr' post!)

But at the time of the coke tin mobiles, do you remember the advert for Coca Cola with the song 'I'd like to teach to world to 'ring', in perfect harmony'? Some of the more 'well heeled' users, with their posh attire, adapted this to 'I'd like to teach the world to ring, in perfect Armani'

:)