Personal Preparation

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
Nadia said:
steve sykes cleans his teeth too :D
I do bog all...but i dont get nervous anyway :p:p
Hey Aidan.... is Steve taking you now then.... if so, mention me to him and say I asked him to register here.... please

westburykid

I played in a band whose principal cornet couldn't go on stage till he took a lucky dump. :oops:

I always make sure I have had a slash, cos I always need one once I get on stage. :?

Lots of valve oil too, its left in my jacket pocket to make sure its there on the day.

Keppler

Staff member
The final thing I do before I go on stage is count the chairs. Obviously, no-one is capable of getting their own chair, so I always have a mini panic attack : "I hope I've put out enough chairs!"
I'm always forgetting non-essentials such as conductor stands, and trombone chairs..

A final count before I head on stage usually calms me down.

jonford said:
A few bands ive played with used to play certains hymns on the day of a contest! I dunno wether it was meant to bring luck, but they didnt always work if they were!
Rainford Silver used to do this, but our new conducter said it was stupid and we wern't going to anymore.

But we used to play No. 82 and No.62 i think, in the red hymn books....

i usually wear my xmas socks with a fairy on but they're broke because we havn't been higher than 5th in the last 4 contests we played in...

Aidan

TheMusicMan said:
Nadia said:
steve sykes cleans his teeth too :D
I do bog all...but i dont get nervous anyway :p:p
Hey Aidan.... is Steve taking you now then.... if so, mention me to him and say I asked him to register here.... please
yup he his. for the masters anyway
il mention it :)

p.s. besses out for a curry on friday in whitefield... anyone interested pm me

picju96

number 43 is our all time favourite, recently we're playing 39, 37, 1 and 60. 43 is definately our contest hymn though, it hasn't brought us much luck though!

asteria

picju96 said:
number 43 is our all time favourite, recently we're playing 39, 37, 1 and 60. 43 is definately our contest hymn though, it hasn't brought us much luck though!
Sounds like bingo!

Helen

Aidan

number 100 is the one for me :D
mwhahaha...
and im forcing you all to get your red books out to see why now :p :D

IckleSop

I use to have a badge that said "kiss me" me i didnt know if it was lucky but it always seem to work,

emmm i have lucky underwear at contests.........Me and my best mate wear the same to boost the luck!!!.....

IckleSop

IckleSop wrote:
emmm i have lucky underwear at contests.........Me and my best mate wear the same to boost the luck!!!.....

what, ye share?

EW NO!!!
You know a pair each but the same type TUT!! Thought i was stupid!!! :roll: :wink: