Perhaps a little early, but.....

Dave Payn

....just a quick reminder (as much to myself as anybody else....) that the clocks go forward one hour this weekend! Boo, hiss!

lynchie

Summer Time! Yaye! Sorry, I realise I'm the only one to be happy about this, but my job ends in august, so getting to the start of summer is great!!

Dave Payn

Caveman Dan said:
What's wrong with summer?? Tis the best time of year! 8) Light nights, sunshine, warmth, happiness all round!

I wasn't referring to summer as such, but the loss of hour's sleep from someone who could participate for his country in that category! ;-)

I've been told before that you need less sleep as you get older. In that case, meet the first person who's actually getting younger with time! ;-)

Lisa

Our coach for the contest on Sunday leaves at some ridiculous time like 5.30 am as it is. :(
So with the clocks changing it will be like leaving at 4.30 AM! :cry: :cry: :cry:

PeterBale

Staff member
Bad timing for us, as we're away at Nottingham for the weekend (see Auditorium posting) so there's one hour less for eating, chatting or sleeping :!:

The worst one for us was when the clocks changed on Easter Sunday morning, and we still had to be up for a sunrise service :shock:

Lisa said:
Our coach for the contest on Sunday leaves at some ridiculous time like 5.30 am as it is. :(
So with the clocks changing it will be like leaving at 4.30 AM! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ouch :shock: ! Are you in the first half of the draw then? Most of our band are staying in Torquay on Saturday night, so if anyone forgets we'll just go and wake them up!

cornetchap

Nightmare! Watford Band are having the first of 2 recording sessions on Sunday morning beginning at 8.30am, so it's going to be like 7.30am :shock:

Must remember to tell the band tonight.

bruceg

Caveman Dan said:
What's wrong with summer?? Tis the best time of year! 8) Light nights, sunshine, warmth, happiness all round!

Summer's great - it's just the whole changing the clocks thing that I don't like :( And I always miss at least one which ends up in wholesale confusion some time during the next few days :)

lynchie

i usually only remember to change half the clocks in my house, which can cause a lot of confusion for weeks on end!!

cornetgirl

I'd completely forgotten! :oops: Would be embarrassing if I "did a Muscroft" - Fred Muscroft, now 80 and top man at Driffield Silver, turned up an hour late to a gig this time last year because he'd forgotten to put the clocks forward!

Rach x

cornetchap

cornetgirl said:
I'd completely forgotten! :oops: Would be embarrassing if I "did a Muscroft" - Fred Muscroft, now 80 and top man at Driffield Silver, turned up an hour late to a gig this time last year because he'd forgotten to put the clocks forward!

Rach x

This happened to me, but in a non-banding situation.

As a preacher in the Methodist Church I turned up for a service I was taking half an hour late after the steward phoned me whilst I was having my breakfast asking after my whereabouts. :oops: I told them to sing through the hymns, have the readings and take the offertory until I got there, by which time I had to launch straight into the sermon! And just as you need to warm up before playing you also need to warm up before preaching!

rachael

Sam Atherton said:
Lisa said:

Ouch :shock: ! Are you in the first half of the draw then? Most of our band are staying in Torquay on Saturday night, so if anyone forgets we'll just go and wake them up!

Yeah bad timing,what a weekend to have clocks go forward!!........but we are in the 2nd half of the draw and staying in Torquay on the Saturday night,so might not be toooo bad.........but got a run through at 9.30am......so thats 8.30am......ouch!!

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.