Performance Enhancing Drugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazrose

Several people in my band swear by Bach's Rescue Remedy - you see them all knocking it back in the corridor while we are waiting to go on stage. It is basically herbal extracts in a brandy base (but you only use a drop under your tongue). It is available from health food shops and is designed to calm people who are having a panic. It's one of those things for which there is absolutely no scientific proof at all, but lots of people I know can't go on stage without it!

Is there a rule in contesting about performance enhancing drugs? I know the tonic that is recommended above would probably be legal, I just wondered that's all. :roll:

bruceg

stopher said:
Does 14 pints of Stella count as a performance enhancing drug???

I don't know about performance enhancing but it certainly helped numb the pain after our result at the regionals last year ;)

PeterBale said:
. . . and an extra large bucket :oops: :oops: :oops:

:shock:

Yuck! You can tell I didn't think that one through properly. I'd just got as far as thinking that an adjudicator in beer muffs might help!

johnmartin

These performance enhancing drugs can't be as good as they're cracked up to be. I mean look at Greg Rusedski he's allegedly taken them and he's still a cr*p tennis player.

lynchie

i've said it before, and i'll say it again... i'm not urinating in a cup so i can play a trombone!

Lauradoll

johnmartin said:
These performance enhancing drugs can't be as good as they're cracked up to be. I mean look at Greg Rusedski he's allegedly taken them and he's still a cr*p tennis player.

Lol! Well I know for a fact if I took the 14 pints of stella "performance enhancement" I'd not be able to hold my baritone never mind play it and those on here, I'm sure you'll agree!!

bruceg

14 pints of Stella sounds like a decent night out so long as there's a curry, some slammers and maybe a wee whisky involved...

stopher

Lauradoll said:
stopher said:
Does 14 pints of Stella count as a performance enhancing drug???

Or a yard of guinness........

Depends what type of performance you wanted enhancing though Laura!

I seen to remember never having to pay for them - you, Nichola and a few others would buy them for me

horn1

I don't ever remember buying these yards of guiness for you!!

And the only performance it used to enhance was your ability to projectile (sp?) vomit!

Lauradoll

horn1 said:
I don't ever remember buying these yards of guiness for you!!

And the only performance it used to enhance was your ability to projectile (sp?) vomit!

Haha do you remember this one time, at a band contest :wink: at Rochdale when you challenged Miss Leeves to a contest....."it's down, it's down, it's down. Oh no it's all over Laura. And that nice BMW outside the pub". Bleurgh.

Performance enhancing alright!!

dyl

I think we can safely assume that there isn't currently a rule about performance enhancing drugs in band contests. Seeing as this thread has now gone way off-topic, it will be now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.