Percussion players....the worst thing 2 happen 2 bands?

mikelyons

Supporting Member
drummerboy said:
We don't give you a hand because you only need one person to put it in a case! :p I think our basses would get quite insulted if someone asked them if they needed a hand putting their instrument away!

I was thinking about the stairs that are invariably in the way at contest venues and which stuff has to be carried up. Or concert organisers who think it's funny to put you in an attic room which you can only reach via 7 flights of narrow, winding stairs. And, of course, this bass player suffers from a touch of vertigo.

drummerboy

mikelyons said:
I was thinking about the stairs that are invariably in the way at contest venues and which stuff has to be carried up. Or concert organisers who think it's funny to put you in an attic room which you can only reach via 7 flights of narrow, winding stairs. And, of course, this bass player suffers from a touch of vertigo.

It's no easier for percussion! I suppose the good thing at contests is that some percussion is usually provided (however this is not always a good thing!)

drummergurl

it werent fun being a percussionist when your me and youre about 10years old!!! every rehearsal and concert/contest i lugged my own drum kit around and nota single band member helped, the only person that did help was my mum coz i was too small to lift some of the things! i wasnt a happy bunny at that and consequently left the band and joined a band that had their own kit! things started to look up! then they went down abit and i had to actually ask people to take things. there was onyl 1 person that offered to take things for me, probably the oldest member of the band! come on all you brass players show abit of goodwill and help your little (or big for that matter) percussionists!!! every1 needs some help in life, think of it as helping someone in life!

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.