Pemberton Old Wigan JJB Band, North West, Champ Sec, require...

Euphonium and Eb Bass URGENTLY required

Pemberton Old Wigan JJB band urgently require euphonium (solo/2nd) and Eb Bass for forthcoming contests and regular commitment. Please contact me on 07850875930.

Thanks

Carina

bandcampgal

Cornet (front or back row)
Eb Bass
Percussion

Pemeberton Old Wigan JJB are a Championship Section band based in the North West. The bandroom is located between J25/26 of the M6 and near Wigan train station, ideal for anyone travelling from Manchester/Salford, Liverpool or Preston.

Rehearsals are Wednesday and Friday 8pm - 10pm, with most people staying for a drink or 2 (or more!) afterwards in our own private bar.

We are recording a new CD in the next month, and are looking forward 2 competing at Pontins, St.Helens, Preston, North West Regionals, and the Senior Cup at the Spring Festival in May. We are also playing as part of the concert season in Stroud.

So if you want the oppurtunity to play Blitz and Isaiah 40 in the space of 6 months then why not contact us and arrange to come for a blow.

Either PM myself or contact our MD Mark Peacock on 01617904744.

bandcampgal

As I don't know how to edit posts, I'll just write a new one!

At the moment we are currently looking for a Cornet player. As mentioned before, people looking for front row or back row will be considered. All the above still apply although we've now done the cd and it's a bit late for someone wanting to play Blitz as this is on Sunday! :biggrin:

Our MD Mark Peacock has given the three single girls in the band (me included) the job of recruiting a cornet player this weekend at Pontins by any means necessary :-? not sure quite what that means lol! Anyway if anyone's interested then we may buy you a pint this weekend by way of incentive! PM me or look out for the maroon jackets! We'll probably be in the bar all day Sunday!

Pemberton Old Wigan JJb Band, North West - Champ Sec

Pemberton Old Wigan JJb Band have vacancies for cornet players and a Bb Bass Player.
Please contact myself for more details.

Thank you

would a very very kind moderator out there please lock this thread, as we have realised we are hogging the recruitment corner with our many threads!! :-?

thank you kindly :)

Pemberton Band now have vacancies for the following positions, due to promotion within the band and family commitments:

Principal Cornet
Repiano Cornet
3rd Cornet

and still......

Bb Bass
Percussion

Please contact Mark Peacock or any member of the band.

Thank you

After speaking with the bands conductor last night regarding the back row cornet vacancy we have Ifelt thatI must stress this point:

Ideally Mark (MD) is looking for a young, upcoming player that wishes to join a progressive champ section band, is willing to work hard within the band, and who is eventually looking to be promoted WITHIN the band.

Our current 4th man down is a young girl that joined us last year on 3rd cornet, over the past year she has worked hard and eventually earned a position on the front row. It has worked well for herself and the band.

If this sounds like you why not get in contact for an audition?!! Whats stopping you?!!

Pemberton Band - Top Section require 3rd Cornet

Pemberton Old Wigan Band require a permanent 3rd Cornet.

The band have an exciting year ahead of us including a trip to the Flemish open, a CD recording in June and we have just received an invite to the Scottish Open in November.

We rehearse Wednesday and Friday nights and are located just off J25 of the M6.

For all enquiries please PM me or contact Mark Peacock (MD) on 07944109430 or Brian Halliwell (secretary) on 07801089842

Thank you

Carina

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator:
Pemberton Senior band have vacancy for Bb Bass and Cornet player.
The cornet position is open to either a suitable front or back row player.

A CD recording, The Scottish Open, and several excellent concerts are in the offing.

For all enquiries please contact Mark Peacock (MD) on 07944109430 or Brian Halliwell (secretary) on 07801089842

Bb Bass North West

Pemberton Old Wigan JJB Band, (Championship Section)
M.D. Mark Bentham
have a vacancy for Bb Bass player,
and tuned percussionist
The Band rehearse Monday and Wednesday 8pm to 10 pm

Contact George Fairhurst on 07884225041
or
Brian Hallwell on 07801089842

The band also have a vacancy for a cornet player - either front/back row, we are wiling to make changes accordingly. Please contact us on the above numbers

Many Thanks

New Vacancies

Pemberton Old Wigan JJB Band (Qualifiers for the National Finals, London 2009) require first class euphonium player, first class cornet player and firs class Eb Bass player to complete our line up.

Please contact myself or Mark Bentham (MD) on 01924 840342 / 07789 955020

Many Thanks

Pemberton Old Wigan JJB Band (Qualifiers for the National Finals, London 2009 and competetors in the All England Masters International 2009) require first class Solo Horn player.

Please contact myself or Mark Bentham (MD) on 01924 840342 / 07789 955020

Many Thanks

Pemberton Old Wigan DW band require back row cornet players. Rehearsals are Monday and Wednesday 8pm -10pm. Anybody interested please PM me.