Paddy's Yorkshire Area - 2011

This is awful, no one has the right to speak to anyone like that no matter who they are.

It's time to name and shame, everyone should be made aware of what those members of our movement, who put themselves above others, are saying and who they play for. lets see whether they are the big mouths when there respective band committees read about it.
I don't think naming them on here would be right, as a) I'm not sure who one of them was, b) would tar a whole band with the same brush (unfairly) c) by some of the reaction here then perhaps tmp is not the best place for this "gripe".
The main thrust of my post was that I had a great time, and my take on the results. Any reference the toilet incident was meant to ***** the conscience of those involved (should they visit tmp) rather than stimulate debate, as I see this as an isolated incident, not an endemic problem.

Laserbeam bass

Any reference the toilet incident was meant to ***** the conscience of those involved (should they visit tmp) rather than stimulate debate, as I see this as an isolated incident, not an endemic problem.
So with hindsight it could have been left in the men's room?

Charmed

Who'd have ever thought I would be saying this......but....

GO, GO, IMPS!!!!!!!
Well done to Hammonds too...looking forward to the Finals, but let's hope IMPS can come out on top!!!! ;) :biggrin:

barrytone

Who'd have ever thought I would be saying this......but....

GO, GO, IMPS!!!!!!!
Well done to Hammonds too...looking forward to the Finals, but let's hope IMPS can come out on top!!!! ;) :biggrin:
Well said Sue, nice to hear adjudicator say top couple of bands were of championship section standard! Congratulations too to Hammonds, First Section Yorkshire Champions, let's hope for a Yorkshire one two at the finals, but the other way round of course!!

Valvecap

4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Very VERY happy) - Again, huge thankyou to the band who made that happen - was a VERY proud MD yesterday. Frickley South Elmsall have never been higher on the brass band ladder! 4th in the 1st section is an amazing result for the band. Shows what you can achieve through a lot of hard work and a bit of self belief. Good to see so many friends in the audience and in the bar. Great weekend.

Hornic

I was really proud of my bands performance (City of Bradford) and very happy to be going to the finals. A great contest and very well organised. The only negative for me was the photo's as you came off stage - as the last band on we could really have done without that!

Beesa

Yorkshire Regionals 2004, the two bands which had just been promoted into the Championship Section both went straight down again (Knottingley and Chapeltown)

The following year same thing happened with Yorkshire Co-op.

Then in 2007 Drighlington went straight back down to the 1st Section.

In 2008 it happened to Stocksbridge (City of Sheffield) who had just spent the one year relegated from the Championship, only to return to the 1st Section.

There is plenty of bouncing, up and down, goes on. All depending on points.

smaca

Being a cornet player myself and listened and followed great cornet players careers,do you think it is just a coincidence that since Roger Webster is no longer playing with some of the bands mentioned on this thread, that as far as contest results have went over the last few years,these bands have suffered?.......only a thought.

Perhaps there are other reasons of course, but this did cross my mind when reading this thread.

Well done to the bands who qualified.