Paddy's Welsh Area - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurgerBoy

So! now what? Surely with what could be another poor turnout of bands at the Welsh area isn't it time to drop the ban on Wrexham Brass and let them compete? Now the MD has done the right thing and resigned maybe the WRC can see sense and allow them to play.

You are right, that would be the right thing to do. Unfortunately I think it goes deeper than this one incident and there may be other motives for some of the WRC that dates back over a decade. A case of getting even rather than justice. That's only my opinion though.

Has this letter been received by Wrexham Brass yet? No, thought not.

BurgerBoy

One question I have, though. With Wrexham Brass not being allowed to compete, will they automatically receive maximum points and so get relegated, or will their points be "saved" and they be allowed to compete in the first section in 2013?

Thirteen Ball

One question I have, though. With Wrexham Brass not being allowed to compete, will they automatically receive maximum points and so get relegated, or will their points be "saved" and they be allowed to compete in the first section in 2013?

Appendix 1, section L.

Any band failing to compete, or which is disqualified from the Contest in any particular year, will be given one place lower than the lowest placed competing band in that section.

Full PDF of rules available here:
http://www.kapitol.co.uk/index.php?id=5

Thirteen Ball

The rule seems fair enough to me. It's the manner of the disqualification which has come under scrutiny.

But that's probably what you meant.....

back beat

What do we think is the likelihood that CBB adjudicates the 2nd section in 2013? ;)

It would be no surprise! CBB should never adjudicate at the Welsh area anyway this was the start of the whole problem. In my opinion, he and the WRC still have a lot of questions to answer over the Wrexham affair, It's all appears to have been swept under the carpet.

I still think that Wrexham should be reinstated!

Euph1888

Still no letter by the way? Interesting to note Have the judges for the welsh Area been announced yet, not according to http://www.kapitol.co.uk/index.php?id=25

Why is it that the Welsh Area never communicate with their bands they are completely lacking in communications, oh hang on a minute, we've been waiting for 1 letter for over 5 months!!!!! You never know who is in the box until the last minute. It's always been a point I've wondered is whether a band would change its performance if it knew who was in the box, as some judges look for certain things more than others in performances. I wonder what Mr Buckley would look for!!!!

Deano

According to welshbrass.org, the regional website, Derek Broadbent and Steve Sykes are in the box this year.

hobgoblin

According to welshbrass.org, the regional website, Derek Broadbent and Steve Sykes are in the box this year.
I think you will find that some of the contributors to this thread will not be able to see this staring them in the face as it does not suit their own agendas / persecution complex. Lets hope this years adjudicators are treated with a little more respect both on here and during the contest than has been shown to Mr Buckley.

Rustonw

I think you will find that some of the contributors to this thread will not be able to see this staring them in the face as it does not suit their own agendas / persecution complex. Lets hope this years adjudicators are treated with a little more respect both on here and during the contest than has been shown to Mr Buckley.

Respect indeed! Let's hope this years competing bands are shown more respect than Wrexham and myself were last year. The amount of lying and cheating that went on unpunished is staggering! The change of bringing the Welsh area in to disrepute should have been laid firmly at Philip Morris and C.Brian Buckley. And as for certain officials, They should be ashamed! Their statements of events on the day were just fabrication. All through this there has been other agendas, Between Buckley and myself and Morris and Wrexham or Rhos as they were. It has all been a convenient opportunity to take revenge for past events! They are all a disgrace to the movement and should be punished for it!
I look forward to the ridiculous letter threatening legal action again! They are a total joke!

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
All Brian Buckley did 'wrong' on the day is to place the bands in the order of merit he felt was right.

The fact you happen to disagree with that order is not 'bringing the Welsh area in to disrepute'.

Ianroberts

All Brian Buckley did 'wrong' on the day is to place the bands in the order of merit he felt was right.

The fact you happen to disagree with that order is not 'bringing the Welsh area in to disrepute'.

I think the majority of this thread makes me think a lot of people disagree with what you have just said

Rustonw

Try reading the rest of the thread! it will remind you that this has nothing to do with the order of merit.

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
So him putting you last had nothing whatsoever to do with you going to remonstrate with him on stage after the section results? I'm sorry I obviously have the order of events wrong. I thought you went to remonstrate with him (which is and always has been unacceptable behaviour) after he put you last, therefore your actions were what triggered the hearings and everything else in this whole sorry saga. Your actions were the catalyst. Everything after that is a reaction to it.

I agree that the Welsh Regional Commitee haven't dealt with this case particularly well, but I don't agree that Mr Buckley's placement of the bands has anything to do with 'disrepute' or anything any more sinister than a difference of musical opinion. That is unless you are prepared to say and prove otherwise. If you can't I suggest you leave it. It's old now, not to mention very tiresome to hear the same comments trotted out over and over again by you and your mate(s).

eflatbass

Supporting Member
It's old now, not to mention very tiresome to hear the same comments trotted out over and over again by you and your mate(s).

Not quite as tiresome as listening to you using your position as Administrator to cast doubts on the validity of Mister Ruston's truthfulness. I should add that I am not one of his 'mates', but would rather be a friend of his than one of your's.

This will be my last ever visit to this forum.

Ianroberts

Not quite as tiresome as listening to you using your position as Administrator to cast doubts on the validity of Mister Ruston's truthfulness. I should add that I am not one of his 'mates', but would rather be a friend of his than one of your's.

This will be my last ever visit to this forum.

Well said, I couldn't of put it better, to be honest Im surprised that the thread hasn't been locked yet, thankfully it has'nt !

Status
Not open for further replies.