Paddy's Spring Festival - 2013

Paddy Flower

What? Has Paddy gone mad? No, i'm only putting up prices on the one section that we know the line-up for, unless any bands decide to 're-arrange' their priorities of course...

Senior Cup - 2013
Ratby Co-operative
13/2 F
Felling
15/2
Woodfalls
10/1
Wakefield Metropolitan
11/1
East Yorkshire Motor Services
11/1
Derwent Brass
12/1
Unite the Union (City of Sheffield)
12/1
Burry PortTown
12/1
Ashton-under-Lyne
14/1
Kingdom Brass
14/1
Lochgelly
18/1
Staffordshire
20/1
Skelmanthorpe
20/1
Blackburn & Darwen
22/1
Tylorstown
22/1
Bo'ness & Carriden
33/1
Aveley & Newham
33/1
Fishburn
33/1
Freckleton
33/1
NASUWT Riverside
33/1

as you can see this is about as wide-open as possible for a 20 band contest

Bayerd

Very much wide open. You could open the book on the other two. Whether you decide to guess on the 'undecideds' is up to you. Paddy of the Power variety manages a bit of ante post from time to time, how about you put the wotsits on the block?

Adding in the ones you think are most likely to face the drop from th'open in September could cause a stir...

iancwilx

You know one really good thing about the Spring Festival is that which ever of the three sections you are in you are likely to get a good test piece. All three are normally good Champ Section test pieces.

~ Mr Wilx

Thirteen Ball

Elgar wasn't so bad, surely?

OK, I wasn't really a fan of Chivalry, granted, but Elgar's good throughout and delightful in places.

Thirteen Ball

What? Has Paddy gone mad?

Ignoring for a moment that a year is a VERY long time in banding, and imagining if the contest were tomorrow (With no disrespect to any band intended):

You're offering 20/1 on Skelmanthorpe and Staffs, and 33/1 on Freckleton Avely and Newham, the bands who've just come down from the Shield.

You're offering 11/1 on Wakey Met and 12/1 on Burry Port who are both just up from the trophy.

So in answer to your question yes Paddy, I think you have!

Edit: And you did the same thing in the shield this time round, offering 12/1 against Hepworth, and you still owe me £120 paddy-pounds for that....

Paddy Flower

Ignoring for a moment that a year is a VERY long time in banding, and imagining if the contest were tomorrow (With no disrespect to any band intended):

You're offering 20/1 on Skelmanthorpe and Staffs, and 33/1 on Freckleton Avely and Newham, the bands who've just come down from the Shield.

You're offering 11/1 on Wakey Met and 12/1 on Burry Port who are both just up from the trophy.

So in answer to your question yes Paddy, I think you have!

Edit: And you did the same thing in the shield this time round, offering 12/1 against Hepworth, and you still owe me £120 paddy-pounds for that....

Have a word with 'davejenkins', he owes me £500 after putting it on?...

Skelmanthorpe (I hope the irony isn't lost on you)

ringa

15/2 a great price at the moment for Felling:clap:
see what Wainstones, National finals & Scottish open bring first though................ by the way what are the thoughts/rumours about next years choice of test pieces for senior cup?

Paddy Flower

Well thanks to 2 poor unfortunates dropping from Birmingham we know our Shield line-up (subject to official confirmation), so...

Grand Shield - 2013
Flowers2/1 F
Tongwynlais Temperance 15/2
Marsden Silver8/1
Whitburn11/1
BTM14/1
Co-operative Milnrow14/1
Rothwell Temperance16/1
Hammonds Saltaire18/1
Kirkintilloch20/1
Aldbourne22/1
Jaguar Land Rover22/1
Northop Silver25/1
Redbridge28/1
Pemberton Old Wigan DW28/1
Yorkshire Imperial Urquart Travel28/1
Co-op Funeralcare (North West)33/1
Wingates50/1
Thoresby Colliery100/1
Mount Charles100/1
Newstead Brass150/1

Surely it'll be Flowers' year barring a disasterous start to '13 or mishaps in Blackpool...

Paddy Flower

and time for an update on 'The Cup'...

Senior Cup - 2013LatestFrom
Ratby Co-operative13/2 F
Felling8/115/2
Kingdom Brass10/114/1
Woodfalls10/1
Wakefield Metropolitan11/1
Derwent Brass12/1
Unite the Union (City of Sheffield)14/112/1
Ashton-under-Lyne14/1
Burry PortTown14/112/1
Aveley & Newham16/133/1
NASUWT Riverside 18/133/1
Lochgelly18/1
East Yorkshire Motor Services18/111/1
Staffordshire20/1
Blackburn & Darwen25/122/1
Skelmanthorpe25/120/1
Fishburn28/133/1
Tylorstown33/122/1
Freckleton33/1
Bo'ness & Carriden40/133/1

Bass Man

any rumours about choice of test piece for senior cup?
trophy & shield as well

If selections continue with the current trend it'll be Red Priest for The Grand Shield. I think the announcement is usually made at the beginning of November so not much longer to wait

At 16/1 I'll definitely be putting a few quid on Rothwell!

critic

If selections continue with the current trend it'll be Red Priest for The Grand Shield. I think the announcement is usually made at the beginning of November so not much longer to wait

At 16/1 I'll definitely be putting a few quid on Rothwell!
me too