Paddy's Spring Festival 2010

Fergus

Anybody know what time the results were announced at last years contest? School Boy error been committed and didn't check the deadline for our coach leaving, so it might not be beer o'clock after all!!!!:eek:

From memory they came out about 5.30pm

Can't find a British Open Thread - but 4barsrest saying that the British Open piece this is year is: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, Peter Graham - Also well done to the Welsh Bands today esp. Beaumaris, Tongwynlais and Tredegar! Fantastic! =)

jockinafrock

Great day today considering up at five and a number one draw...! Didn't play as well as we'd hoped, but didn't disgrace ourselves nby any stretch of the imagination. 13 outa 20 was good enough to keep us in the Cup another year! :D Well done to the winners. :clap:
Best bit about today was hearing no1 son play. He stepped in on sop after our usual super-sop Johnny sadly had a stroke - only four weeks on this deceptively difficult instrument and he did a sterling job! That's my boy Rolfy! :biggrin:

Rustonw

Two great performances from Wrexham Brass & Northop too. Both band should be please with their 5th & 6th place respectively, if not slightly dissapointed.

Congratulations to Beaumaris for another great show.

Last edited:

critic

two great performances from wrexham brass & northop too. Both band should be please with their 5th & 6th place respectively, if not slightly dissapointed.

Congratulations to beaumaris for another great show.

i agree heard all twentybands top two a class apartbut some decent performances from the top six but some were completly out of there depth. Enjoyed it though a great piece

Alyn James

Cheers buddy...bit of a shock...people were telling us all day how good our show was so we were hoping for a top six...to get to The Open is pure sugar :).
Got to take my horn on holiday now though (every silver lining has a cloud ;)).

Di B

Tongwynlais has been strong over the last year so although I was a little surprised they made the Open I wasn't surprised they were in the top six. Very, very well done!

This is without listening to a single shield band and purely on reputation by the way! :)

Additionally, I know Tredegar have been in the top four the last two years and it must have been an "At Last!" feeling for them this year. Felt the band thoroughly deserved to win after doing their time as the bridesmaid at this contest :)

Alyn James

Tongwynlais has been strong over the last year so although I was a little surprised they made the Open I wasn't surprised they were in the top six. Very, very well done!

This is without listening to a single shield band and purely on reputation by the way! :)

Additionally, I know Tredegar have been in the top four the last two years and it must have been an "At Last!" feeling for them this year. Felt the band thoroughly deserved to win after doing their time as the bridesmaid at this contest :)

Totally agree about Tred....very consistent....Congratulations guys and thanks for towing us in with you!!
Nobody's mentioned Woodfalls yet. I heard nine bands in the Cup and thought Woodfalls were absolutely outstanding. :clap:

Griffis

I would just like to say, on behalf of everybody at Tredegar Town Band, that it is a HUGE relief to have finally qualified after two years of being so close. Personally, I think the band could have played better (a few unnecessary splits and untidy moments that shouldn't have happened - but it is a live performance at the end of the day), so I wasn't actually very confident at all this year, but I am so glad that we don't have to go back to Blackpool next year, especially as we're going to the Europeans again! So, thanks everybody for your kind messages, and we're all looking forward to the Open in September.

P.s. I've said it more than once already, but I'll say it again, well done to Tongwynlais and Beaumaris on fantastic results too!!! Da iawn hogia :clap:

DOGBONE

Nobody's mentioned Woodfalls yet. I heard nine bands in the Cup and thought Woodfalls were absolutely outstanding. :clap:

Very Many thanks. We're delighted with the result if a little disappointed with our performance. It will be great to have a go in the Shield.

Solo Trom
Woodfalls

Thanks Alyn. I heard Tong as well, sounded so exciting yet in complete control, brilliant stuff!

Paul, it's Ton, not Tong.

When people call us Tong it's like them blowing a raspberry. (tongue)

Totally over the moon with all results last weekend. Great to see my old band(s) being successful.

Charmed

Courtesy of 4barsrest:

[Bold Imps

Meanwhile, Yorkshire Imperial’s bold approach very nearly came off too, with Dave Nesbitt generating red raw excitement from his band to claim sixth place.

Just a bit more self control would have perhaps given them a promotion place, but you couldn’t deny that they gave it everything (and more) in the cause.
]

That's what you call it! I knew I had lost something! :eek: :biggrin: