Paddy's Spring Festival 2010

Griffis

Don't think you can dep for a band if you're already in any of the Spring contests or the Open. Rules here

Correct. Jonesy, I'm surprised someone has actually asked you to play with them...haven't they heard you recently ;)

All the best for the band, and I'm sure I'll join you for a :guiness at the Winter Gardens at some point during the weekend mate

Di B

Don't think you can dep for a band if you're already in any of the Spring contests or the Open. Rules here

That is a definite. Anyone already playing within in the Spring Festival/Open cannot be used by another band. Borroweds have to come from bands that have no contact with the event.

Di

Have added Point to Prediction Central Trophy section, but still need to know who's not going so they can be deleted. ;)

I was told yesterday that a timp part has been added to Le roi d'Ys for Blackpool. Good in a way, because one of our hitters had nothing to do, annoying in a way because we're playing it out today at Hove and could have been playing it for the past few weeks whilst we've been rehearsing for this. Also, aren't they leaving it a bit late? I can't imaging all bands are lucky enough to have 3 regular hitters and will now have to scrabble around for a dep.

At first I thought it was our contest sec winding me up, because we've had nothing to do all year (what with Moorside and Le roi), but she is going to give me the part today to look at - I guess I won't totally believe it until I've seen the part! Having said that, our MD must have been feeling sorry for us because he transcribed a timp part from the original for us a couple of days ago.

timps are not listed on the provided percussion for this contest, a friend who is conducting a band told me. I would check with the organisers wether or not bands are expected to include timps.

Accidental

Supporting Member
Timp parts and a percussion kit list were sent out to contest sec's a few days ago - got ours on Saturday.

Provided kit is:
25" & 30" Premier Copper pedal timps & chair
Snare Drum on tall stand
32" Premier Bass Drum on tilting stand.

At first I thought it was our contest sec winding me up
ye of little faith! :p

Paddy Flower

Latest...

Grand Shield
Tredegar - 2/1 fav (from 11/4)
Flowers - 6/1 (7/1)
Reg Vardy - 6/1
Tongwynlais - 9/1 (8/1)
Redbridge - 10/1 (12/1)
Wingates - 18/1 (14/1)
Hammonds Saltaire - 18/1 (14/1)
Marsden - 25/1 (22/1)
BTM - 25/1 (22/1)
Pemberton Old - 25/1 (18/1)
Bactiguard Wire - 28/1 (33/1)
Skelmanthorpe - 40/1 (28/1)
Sovereign - 66/1 (40/1)
Newstead - 66/1
Freckleton - 66/1 (50/1)
Thoresby - 100/1 (66/1)
Mount Charles - 100/1
Kingdom - 100/1
Jaguar (Coventry) - 200/1 (150/1)
Burry Port - 250/1 (200/1)

I'm ready to take your Paddy Pound bets on this contest.
E-mail paddy_flower@yahoo.com for details on how to enter
"Paddy's Fantasy Brass Band League"

Paddy Flower

Senior Cup
Aveley & Newham - 3/1 fav (from 100/30)
EYMS - 13/2 (9/1)
Woodfalls - 8/1
Hatfield - 8/1
NASUWT Riverside - 11/1 (10/1)
Fishburn - 11/1 (12/1)
Ashton-Under-Lyne - 12/1 (11/1)
Co-op Milnrow - 14/1 (10/1)
Yorkshire Imps - 18/1 (22/1)
Ratby Co-op - 25/1
Staffordshire - 33/1 (22/1)
Dalmellington - 50/1
Bo'ness & Carriden - 50/1
Unison Kinneil - 66/1
Laganvale - 66/1 (50/1)
City of Sheffield - 66/1
Derwent - 66/1 (50/1)
Cwmaman - 100/1 (66/1)
Kibworth - 100/1
Co-op Crewe - 100/1 (66/1)

Paddy Flower

Senior Trophy
Zone One - 4/1 jt fav
Blackburn & Darwen - 4/1 jt fav
Beaumaris - 11/2
Northop - 11/1 (from 14/1)
Friary Guildford - 12/1
Wakefield Met - 14/1
Wantage - 14/1 (18/1)
Yorkshire Co-op - 18/1 (20/1)
Hebden Bridge - 20/1 (18/1)
Lydbrook - 20/1
Felling - 40/1 (28/1)
Bournemouth - 40/1 (50/1)
Aldbourne - 40/1
Point of Ayr - 40/1 replacing who? any word? :confused:
Enderby - 40/1
Johnstone - 50/1 (28/1)
Wrexham - 100/1 (66/1)
Knottingley - 100/1 (66/1)
Clacton-on-Sea - 100/1 (66/1)
Easington - 100/1
Lindley - 350/1 (200/1)

Paddy Flower

I always keep an eye open for my old band - but can you explain this, Paddy?

350/1 in to 18/1!?!?

If someone had an early punt and they place, they've got some value there!!!

They were originally 350/1 because that was (and still is) my assessment of their chances of winning, not a Bob Hope as far as i'm concerned. However, tMP predictors and my own league members are backing them like it's going out of style hence 18/1.

Look at the post where I have them at 20s and you see my feelings about it. (WHAT?? You're having a bubble bath people!!)

The same applies to Yorkshire Imps and Point of Ayr, I don't think they've a hope either but clearly i'm in the minority.

Bayerd

They were originally 350/1 because that was (and still is) my assessment of their chances of winning, not a Bob Hope as far as i'm concerned. However, tMP predictors and my own league members are backing them like it's going out of style hence 18/1.

Look at the post where I have them at 20s and you see my feelings about it. (WHAT?? You're having a bubble bath people!!)

The same applies to Yorkshire Imps and Point of Ayr, I don't think they've a hope either but clearly i'm in the minority.

Come off it, you bookies love patriotic bets.....

Paddy Flower

Are my band (Laganvale) being forced out then because no-one is backing them Paddy?

I thought you were a good e/w bet @ my original price of 14/1 nevermind 66s.

As to why nobodys backing you, as much a mystery to me as why they ARE backing other bands and not you... :confused:

Product tMP members are discussing