Paddy's British Open - 2010

critic

what a result, congrats to all at Tredegar.
YES WELL DONE TREDEGAR well deserved. SOME PEOPLE AND BAND PRESS CANT SEE BEYOND DYKE CORY ETC WELL DONE TO FAIRY TOO BUT THE COMMENTS WERE PREDICTABLE AS FOR BRIGHOUSE GRIMEY SOME FINE PLAYING BUT PLENTY OF INTONATION PROBLEMS AS WELL. Heard twelve bands and enjoyed the contest.

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Gotta laugh at Kirky - not even the master alchemist Gary Cutt could turn this dog doo into gold.
A bit harsh don't you think? Maybe you can qualify those rather stupid comments by letting us know who you are and just how many years of playing / conducting / adjudicating at the highest level you have to allow us to consider this post valid. I only say this because if you don't have that experience then everyone is going to think that you're some kind of ill-informed numpty who is only posting to look clever...

so....what's it gonna be?

JJ

Welsh Wizards!

Gotta laugh at Kirky - not even the master alchemist Gary Cutt could turn this dog doo into gold.
And just imagine if you'd come all the way from Australia for that!

Brilliant result for Tred!

At 18/1 no less!

Confirms once again, Welsh Wizards are best, better than all the rest..........

DMBabe

Supporting Member
Do you think maybe this one is a sacked player with an axe to grind? Because few real banders wouldn't stick the boot in to a band who came last in such a hefty top-notch field! I smell sour grapes! :mad:

DMBabe

Supporting Member
or should that be

tenortuba/ Kirky = axe / grind
:clap: Must be local cos I've never heard anyone outside of Scotland call them Kirky either.... and its a newbie! Don't wanna assume its a he. or indeed a human?

critic

A bit harsh don't you think? Maybe you can qualify those rather stupid comments by letting us know who you are and just how many years of playing / conducting / adjudicating at the highest level you have to allow us to consider this post valid. I only say this because if you don't have that experience then everyone is going to think that you're some kind of ill-informed numpty who is only posting to look clever...

Well said the comments were stupid and all the seventeen bands should be respected whatever the result
its the type of post which does the poster and the band movement no favours at all

WoodenFlugel

Staff member
Maybe you can qualify those rather stupid comments by letting us know who you are and just how many years of playing / conducting / adjudicating at the highest level you have to allow us to consider this post valid. I only say this because if you don't have that experience then everyone is going to think that you're some kind of ill-informed numpty who is only posting to look clever...

Gary Cutt/ Kirky = Nigel Mansell /Milk-float.

We're still waiting....:rolleyes:

Kjata

Did you listen to any bands?? Kirkintilloch played very well, and should be proud of themselves, regardless of the result!
Explain please why they are 'dog doo'?

ian perks

Ive heard on good grounds of a very good friend of mine heard all the bands and said all the bands played very well on what was a very hard piece and all bands should be given a big shake of the hand as every performance had something in it worth while!!!!

Kjata

I'll say what I said in the other Open thread, bit in bold is about Kirky:

At the risk of changing the topic from the winners and success stories, which are mostly deserved... Kirky. I listened to all 17 bands and, I felt that Kirkintilloch played incredibly well, and technically secure performance (granted not particularly musical) which some bands in the top 10 couldn't equal, let alone beat... and yet they get last place... why?? I'm looking forward to know what others who listened to all the performances thought of Kirky?

And Dyke, I know that everyone is going to shoot me, and then hang, draw and quarter me, or for those who know me, simply point out my bias, but... I thought there performance was truly top class, dynamics were more diverse than any, and the soloists were superb, only one very small blip from Brett Baker and their sound glorious. Again I look forward to someone telling me what: either they did wrong, or what the Fairey and Tred did better?

Normal disclaimer applies... i'm not suggesting they were 'robbed' or that Fairey and Tred didn't deserve their places, they thoroughly do, my opinion is my own, having listened to all the bands!
Discuss.

I listened to 16 bands and was equally impressed with the high quality of the playing all the way through, obviously some stood out more than others. The adjudicators from the remarks of two bands I have read clearly preferred one style from others, the two bands concerned in my view where very classy with a much more musical approach than the placed bands. But hey thats banding........

Congratulations to every member of all 17 bands for such an enjoyable day.

critic

Ive heard on good grounds of a very good friend of mine heard all the bands and said all the bands played very well on what was a very hard piece and all bands should be given a big shake of the hand as every performance had something in it worth while!!!!
all seventeen bands made it one of the best opens for years

PC

Congratulations to the Tradegar band Wow amazing result and one that will inspire us all at Kirkie to bounce back.

As for you tenortuba my ribs are soar laughing at your bitterness OMG whats your issues... Hahaha brilliant 'dog dooo' classic! Dont be shy tell us whats wrong its good to talk (or type) Is your initials NB? were you in the box yesterday???

You cant keep a good band down I for one was proud of yesterdays performance and if we come last playing like that at ever contest then so be it!! Blackpool awaits yeeehaaa.

Bart Simonis
Kirkie