Other uses for musical equipment.

Okiedokie of Oz

The other day, I pulled over on the side of a road to help an elderly man whose 4wd had broken down. It appeared his radiator hose had split. I rang RACQ (Royal Automobile Club of Queensland) for him, flew around the corner and bought him a drink to keep him hydrated, and waited over an hour for RACQ to turn up with a new hose.

Upon their arrival, they went to put the new part on, but found they had trouble. Lucky for me, I remembered my clarinet was in the boot, and went and grabbed the cork grease. We lubed up the hose, and it slipped on.

Also, I know valve oil is getting at removing permanent pen from whiteboards.

But are there any other uses for musical equipment???

bagpuss

I have known cornets to be used as an instrument of torture (well, I presumed thats what they were being used as judging by the screams of the audience). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Puss

Dave Payn

I believe the oboe is useful for obtaining money with menaces. ('Hand over your dosh or I'll play!'). How else do you think oboists earn a living? :) :) :wink:

Cantonian

dyl said:
Remember to leave room to stick some bassoons on there.

Reminds me of many years ago when I heard Reading Central SA band playing at Staines SA on a Saturday evening which featured a Bassoon soloist.

The next day the CO's wife stood up and said how much she had enjoyed the programme the previous evening particularly the Babboon solo.

Dave Payn

Cantonian said:
dyl said:
Remember to leave room to stick some bassoons on there.

Reminds me of many years ago when I heard Reading Central SA band playing at Staines SA on a Saturday evening which featured a Bassoon soloist.

The next day the CO's wife stood up and said how much she had enjoyed the programme the previous evening particularly the Babboon solo.

He'd obviously 'gibbon' his all......

dyl

MESSAGE FOR DAVE PAYN:

It appears that Peter Bale has stolen your log-in! Contact tMP Site Admin immediately! ;)

8)

Hollso

I chopped up an old cornet for my art coursework at GCSE :D i used the bell for an outside effect thing, and then i used tuning slides for a wind chime! they sound rather nice you know.

Seedhouse

Lol, nice one :lol: (no offense meant to any percussionists by the way! Just thought it was a bit of very good quick thinking! :oops: :D)