One week till the Euros.....!

Cornishwomble

No, not the football, I know that's not till next month!

I mean the other great European event of the year, the Eurovision song contest.
It's gonna be a classic this year with some good cheesy Euro pop and this year the UK has realised that proper music won't win so we've gone all out on the cheese.

We're having a Euro party and the best bit is the more you drink the better they sound! Lets hope that Latvia is near the end this year!

The Euros... a great night in!

PeterBale

Staff member
You never know, we might even have a British winner - there's a 16-year-old schoolgirl from Kent singing for Cyprus, so she should be guaranteed 12 points from Greece at least :shock: :wink: :lol:

akwarose

:shock: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Oh PLEASE GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
NOT EUROVISION!!!!

HBB

Does anyone else find that everyone that participates (except england) are freaks? Like the German singer who kept climbing up the walls?!

flugelgal

homocidalbennyboy said:
Does anyone else find that everyone that participates (except england) are freaks? Like the German singer who kept climbing up the walls?!

Don't you mean the UK, Benzer? :roll:

HBB

flugelgal said:
homocidalbennyboy said:

Don't you mean the UK, Benzer? :roll:

Ya (except Rep. Ireland ;))

Raspberry

We at Bestwood are planning on having a social night out - just to avoid the Eurovision!!!!

Wouldn't like to see us getting NIL points again! :roll:

Well Worth It

I think we've more chance of Bin Laden walking down Sunset Boulevard, wearing an Uncle Sam hat, draped in the Stars and Stripes and singing Bush's praises, than winning this year.
Everyone knows about the politics that seems to be the foundation of the voting system.
Feel sorry for our geezer but nil-points on the horizon again.
Oh the shaaame.

Darth_Tuba

six pints said:
depends if the rest of europe is still *beep* off about iraq!

Do you really think that's why we got bugger all? What a political statement! I'm sure that made Tony Blair feel sorry for going into Iraq straight away, what a price to pay! :wink: The pair we sent were terrible to a comical degree. No-one takes this contest seriously or wants to win it. Means you have the indignity of having to host the thing next year! Anyway, not that I'll be watching, but Chris Doran all the way :lol:

Cornishwomble

It would be boring if we won it!
I agree about last year, even if all of Europe thought we were wonderful, we still wouldn't have got any points. It was the funniest UK performance ever!
We don't take it seriously because as a nation we have a high musical pedigree, but it is taken extremely serious by other countries, especially the Eastern ones like Estonia and Latvia!

Let's face it, if we really wanted to win it, we'd get someone like Robbie Williams on there or Oasis and we'd win every year!

Dave Payn

They were joking of course, but Radiohead did promise to put an entry in for the ESC this year! Now that I would pay to see!

Cornishwomble

Dave Payn said:
They were joking of course, but Radiohead did promise to put an entry in for the ESC this year! Now that I would pay to see!

Especially if they did one of their live 15 minute extended "white noise" live performances!

I can just imagine "Karma Police" going down well after "Boom bang a bang"!

lynchie

I just watch it so I can put the subtitles on and find out what all the songs mean... I remember one year one of the songs did actually mean "dum dee da da, badda dumadadaaa" or something similar... it was very disappointing!

Anyway, come on Ireland, it's been a while since we wasted a wad of cash on one of these things!

And to say everyone except the UK are freaks is just wrong! Remember Gina G? Katrina and the Waves? That pair from last year? Talk about freakish!!!

Cornishwomble

It won't be long before it goes full interactive!
There could be acess to facts and figures and can have different views of each act.

If they could get hold of a couple of "Top of the Pops" cameramen then the "Boobcam" will be a hit!

Keppler

Staff member
lynchie said:
Anyway, come on Ireland, it's been a while since we wasted a wad of cash on one of these things!

Do you really want some eejit called Chris Doran (of all things) to win?

Dave Payn

Keppler said:
lynchie said:

Do you really want some eejit called Chis Doran (of all things) to win?
|

Tell you what, if he does win, then tMP's Chris Doran should change his avatar to that of the 'crooner' variety! ;-)

Raspberry

I know of a friend of a friend who is having a Eurovision Party and that those going have to dress up in funny outfits!!!!
:shock: