Once upon a time in the west

alks

Hi all,

Im interested to know if there has been any Great western theme tunes prepared for brass band. Famous tunes such as 'Once upon a time in the west ' ,'The Big country' ect . Is there any compilation pieces ect?

Whats the best ? :roll:

flashbarry

Hi I arranged Great Western Themes for Obrasso and it includes the magnificent seven, the good the bad and the ugly, dances With wolves, the man with harmonica ( from once upon a time in the west).

It is available from www.obrasso.ch

Enjoy!!!

markyboy

I know that 'How the west was won' has been done for Brass Band, but I haven't seen or heard it since my school band days (which is a few years ago!) but I do remember it was pretty good.
I also remember Desford playing a segway of 'The Big Country' and 'Magnificent Seven' in a concert they did in 1990 at Uppermill. It was probably the highlight of a great concert. Again I've never heard it since.

iancwilx

The Darrol Barry arrangement is absolutely superb - We've played it out several times and it always goes well.
It is well put together and really works.
The "Once Upon a time in the West" theme is really atmospheric - Highly recommended.

Darth_Tuba

We did a wild west set for a while that opened with the Big Country fanfare and led straight into "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" complete with gunfight. Also had an arrangement of Once upon a time in the west in there too, can't remember whose arrangement it was though.

jambo

Hepworth are currently doing an arrangement called Morricone magic arranged by Mark Bentham. It includes once upon a time in the west. There is a link to his web site from Hepworths where i'm sure you can negotiate a fee for the arrangement. :wink:

gemhornstar

We did a really cool piece called MBC7 at a few concerts last year...it included the tunes Magnificent Seven and Big Country....i'm not too sure about publishing things or anythin but i will try and find out.

P.S ......Very cool horn part!

Gemhornstar
1st Horn
Sellers International

Lauradoll

Yeah I can vouch for the Hepworth number that Mark Bentham's arranged. Total class to listen to (and watch the 2nd man down and the sop having a gun fight dressed up as cowboys). They played it at Dobcross the other week. Very entertaining.

Laura

Baritone BT Band