oh dearie me...

akwarose

ok, well its 1:30 approx, and i cant sleep. i have been reduced to watching 3 non blondes whilst attempting to lull myself into a deep slumber by doing spanish coursework :shock: so anyone got any ideas on how to get to sleep easier, otherwise i jus lay there lookin at the ceiling all nite.......

flugelgal

Count very slowly backwards from 100. I'm usually asleep before I pass 60. If it doesn't work first time do it again. I think it basically stops your brain whizzing around and thinking about things which are keeping you awake... (not sure if that's right but it works for me!).

akwarose

genius. thanks fg, will try it tonite. was well tired last nite coz we had a concert, so i slept like a sleepy thing. no such luck tonite i bet :(

Chunky

Try listening to Joe Royles (manager of Ipswich Town FC) dronings of how they are the greatest team in Division One. Sends me to sleep!

drummergurl

Naruco said:
*knocks you out with a timp stick*

;-)

ud need a lot of power behind that to knock someone out wiv a timp stick, i was thinking a tubular bell mallet would work a whole lot better, although ud probly have the biggest egg on ur head afterwards

louise0502

Chunky said:
Try listening to Joe Royles (manager of Ipswich Town FC) dronings of how they are the greatest team in Division One. Sends me to sleep!

on a similar note, match of the day always sends me off to sleep!

Well Worth It

Contemplatative Meditation never fails.

Count each of your breaths until you reach 10, then start at 1 again.
Repeat until zzzZZZZZ.
If you think about anything other than your breathing, start again at 1.
I guarantee* that you'll do it no more than 10 times.

*I do nothing of the sort

Keppler

Staff member
flugelgal said:
Count very slowly backwards from 100. I'm usually asleep before I pass 60. If it doesn't work first time do it again. I think it basically stops your brain whizzing around and thinking about things which are keeping you awake... (not sure if that's right but it works for me!).

hmm... don;t listen to her! I tred this, and I was at about -45 when my whole body shut down. Couldn't move a muscle, but mind was still going -46...... -47...... etc..
was closing on -300 or so when I managed to twitch...

I was either awake, or else having the most boring dream ever!

Big Twigge

You could always try counting sheep, however last time I tried that, I couldn't decide which way they were going to jump over the 'fence'.I didn't get to sleep for blurry ages :(

Ste69

Well Worth It said:
Contemplatative Meditation never fails.
Count each of your breaths until you reach 10, then start at 1 again.

Have you ever tried thinking about how to breathe?? It's really hard and you forget how to do it.....

Or is that just part of being a bass player :wink:

Big Twigge

As you breath in, try imagining that you're breathing in through your feet( :shock: ) then move up your body, concentrating next on yours calves, then you knees etc etc eventually you probably won't be able to move and will drop off. I guess its concentrating on you breathing really and stopping your brain from thinking utter rubbish (well except the feet breathing bit)

Best lesson we ever had at school!

Ste69

Big Twigge said:
As you breath in, try imagining that you're breathing in through your feet( :shock: )

Hmmmm......how odd :!:

Might improve the sound I produce doing it that way.... Will try it tonight :wink:

akwarose

thankye lovely people. i can now inform you that none of those ways worked, and in fact when i did get to sleep i was rudely awoken about 4 hours later to diescover i'd been sleepwalking and climbed into the (empty) bath and gone to sleep. cue backache today :(