Official "Whit Friday" Thread....including results!

smurf

I'm just sorry I missed out. (Only 12,000 miles away)

Hope you all had a good night, I see Ashton managed the usuall 13.

What time did you lot end up going to bed then?

Ask the lads at Ashton to sort that drum kit out!!!!

See you all at Pontins.........any chance of a room?

AndyCat

I played with Fodens last night, we did 13, but had only done 4 or 5 by 7pm (4pm Start). Flew round the next 4 in Tameside tho. We got held up getting to Droylsden and wasted about an 1hr there.

Besides the results on 4barsrest (winning both Saddleworth we entered, Uppermill and Delph) I heard last night (unconfirmed) that we may have won 6 of the 11 Tameside one's we entered. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks to the Fodens for another good Whit Friday with them! See if they can equal last years results!

madsaz

Hi Smurf - you'll only find me on here. The lads were certainly still in Mossley Band Club at 9am & I'm fairly sure that none of them are going to bed as they have plans for the FA cup final.

We haven't got as far as thinking about Pontins but I'm sure Phil will sort you out. Do you fancy the British Open instead????

Ste69

yorkie19 said:
Ransomes did 11. Again, there were no special favours. It was plain sailing all the way round, apart from a small hold up at Upper Mossley and a slightly bigger hold up at the end of the night at Broadoak.

I think it was mostly down to some excellent pre-contest planning by yourself Sam. I thoroughly enjoyed the night - Apart from those fish and chips in Upper Mossley that I forced myself to eat 'cos I was so hungry!!!!!! ;)

Ali

Results from Dobcross as read out last night

1) Brighouse
2) Dobcross
3) Harrogate

As for the contests we got 10 of the 11 in Saddleworth done. Looks like we have had another fairly successful night out with at least 7 prizes taken so far.
Good to see Marple out again. And I am so glad that I didnt here Amarillo once all night!!!!

Straightmute

We did six then stopped just after nine. Band took a while to settle down - it was first time out on Whit Friday for the majority - but played ok at Dobcross and Delph. We're very pleased with third prize at Dobcross!

Great to see so many old friends and to chat to so many random strangers! Missed the tMP band but saw your coach en route!

Cheers

D

sterlingsop

Ali said:
And I am so glad that I didnt here Amarillo once all night!!!!

We did well to miss it too - until the last stop of the night when we heard the combined bands of Wardle school and Wardle & District Anderson brass playing it. I counted 22 rows of 5 musicians in the massed band marching to Amarillo - impressive stunt to pull off but that TUNE?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ste69

sterlingsop said:
We did well to miss it too - until the last stop of the night when we heard the combined bands of Wardle school and Wardle & District Anderson brass playing it. I counted 22 rows of 5 musicians in the massed band marching to Amarillo - impressive stunt to pull off but that TUNE?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We (Ransomes) avoided it until Mossley only to be followed by Pemberton with the most enthusiastic bass drum player ever!!!!!!!

e.g. "Sha-la-la La-la, la-la, la BOOM BOOM"

cornetgirl

The tMP Massive managed 6 villages including ending up randomly in the middle of nowhere thanks to a very unhelpful policeman at Delph!!

The Cheesiest Road March Ever seemed pretty well received (especially Wallace & Gromit) and most people seemed to like The MouthPiece as well. Darrol conducted at Greenfield at about 11pm ish and I must admit it was a random rendition of it - probably due to the fact that none of us could actually see what we were playing so were relying on memory as to where the repeats were (no mention of a certain trombone incident!!!!)

Twas a good night tho - think most of the band are actually still asleep - we wussed out just after midnight!

Rach x (very stiff and sore from sleeping on the worst hotel bed in history! A block of marble would have been more forgiving!)

geordiecolin

Full Delph results are up here

We managed 15th for the 2nd year running which is pleasing. Well done TMP Band, you pipped us by a point!!

TheMusicMan

tMP Founder
Staff member
WOW.... what a fantastic result that is... am feeling very proud here right now...:) cheers one and all...:)

we only mannaged to do 6, we got off to a bit ov a slow start with our Bbb bass player left is music at home which was quite amusing, also we waited at one place to see the barbi gass bottle set alight and the area was evacuated so we ended up not playing there (does anyone know what happen, know one get hurt coz it seemed like to was gona blow up wen we left). we ended up at greenfield this year and played at about 12ish only havin 1 pint all day:mad: but i made up for it on the coach on the way back, jo you get back to durham ok last night?

The Cornet King

13th at Delph...come on!!!! :p

Can't really remember how well we played at Delph but obviously it was quite reasonable. Means the Premiere recording of The Mouthpiece may...just may get onto the Delph CD recording.

Hope so, would love to hear our performance without the worry of having to count where to come in for the cornet duet after E!

Was great to play with tMP again, good night seemed to be had by all. :p

youngman

rickcowens2005 said:
does anyone know what happen, know one get hurt coz it seemed like to was gona blow up wen we left
Nothing major happened. Fire brigade turned up and sorted it all.
Twas all exciting though !

Product tMP members are discussing