Official tMP Yorkshire Regional 2007 thread

Di

I'll be there on Sunday and especially looking forward to hearing the bands play their own choice selections! Or will I be going home disappointed?!

I think you could well be disappointed. :wink: That seems a pretty poorly written article all round with a few typo errors too. And the term "belt out" that they've used - twice! Surely we "perform" not just "belt out" our test pieces. :rolleyes:

Hx Courier

At least they managed to get the bit about the Pennine Brass Festival about right, although they missed the bit about Roy Newsome commenting on the 2nd section instead of David Horsfield as David's adjudicating that section next weekend. Too complicated for them maybe? Still, I suppose we have to be grateful for any publicity for the banding movement these days.
Nice pic of Hebden Bridge Band went with the article though so I'll forgive them!

Bayerd

I think you could well be disappointed. :wink: That seems a pretty poorly written article all round with a few typo errors too. And the term "belt out" that they've used - twice! Surely we "perform" not just "belt out" our test pieces. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the writer went to the concert and felt the bands were 'belting them out'. Anyway, why not make sound a bit like Brassed Off? You're hardly going to attract the general public if you tell them the truth are you?

leisa

oo im excited now!! :biggrin: Good luck Co-op!! Also good lucks tooo Brighouse in champ section!!! :clap:

ploughboy

Went to Briggus rehearsal last night, sounding excellent, some lovely moments and good tight playing throughout the night. I'm sure they'll be up there come Sunday night. Good luck boys.

JoeDrumTech

one more night and then it all starts!
up bright and early for bus... (why are the lower sections always first to play?)

at least theres more time for a drink afterwards!!!

Bring on the 3rd section!!!!

barrytone

Yorkshire Area Contest

Good luck to all the competing bands, for most of us our annual opportunity to play in this wonderful concert hall. Really looking forward to my first contest with my new band in the very closely contested first section. Very much enjoyed rehearsing The Wayfarer, such wonderful music.

Whatever the results, I'm certain that the Yorkshire region will set a marvellous standard for the rest of the country to follow!

Steve

Getting a wee bit excited now, of all the pieces to make your Yorkshire debut on I dont think I could have got a better / worse one!!!!!

Should be a good do!

gawber

:tup Good Luck Dodworth :tup

Josh won't let me go and watch but I'll be thinking about you!

And all the best to Emley!

JoeDrumTech

cheers shirley!

josh is just josh tho! come down anyway! he'll never no!
he'll be half asleep!!

but good luck to emley aswell!!
its always a pleasure playing against ya!

ploughboy

JoeDrumTech;516470 [FONT=Comic Sans MS said:
but good luck to emley aswell!![/FONT]
its always a pleasure playing against ya![/CENTER]

Cheers Joe, And to you guys we'll see you in the bar - And there was a rumour of a Tenpin Bowling challenge when Crawf and I helped you out last!!!

The Cornet King

Yeh good luck to the mighty Emley tomorrow...'Ave it!

I've heard Marsden are sounding half decent for Sunday evening...;)

Should be a good weekend as usual, see you all in the bar afterwards.

Shed_Builder1

Making my yorkshire area debut! Cannot wait for sunday evening. It is a quality piece of music :clap: and should be a great day all round. Good look to all bands in the yorkshire area,:tup hopefully see you on the podium!
P.s. Great snare drum part! Have really enjoyed rehersing it.:biggrin:

Bogtrotter

Making my yorkshire area debut! Cannot wait for sunday evening. It is a quality piece of music :clap: and should be a great day all round. Good look to all bands in the yorkshire area,:tup hopefully see you on the podium!
P.s. Great snare drum part! Have really enjoyed rehersing it.:biggrin:

Yer still a bit loud a 'Y' though!! ;-)