Official tMP Welsh Regional 2007 thread

can the soon to become just cory band be beaten, thats the question on everyones gobs when talking about the top welsh section, we shall see this time round!, good look to my mate jayne who again will be stylizing the soprano cornet for last years runners up burry port!

also a mention of good luck to royal buckley who each year make the trip from wales to brighouse of all places for the marching contest, you guys seem to produce a decent performance there each year with the marches, hopefully you can do the same with the test pieces aswell!

Big Gav

I think this years area could possibly be the best for a while. Having played with BTM recently I was VERY impressed with the band. They work (and play!) hard and have a very enthusiastic conductor who is able to get the best out of his players. They have many quality players, not least my mate Tim Evans (BBb Bass) who is an immense bass player ( take note 4barsrest!!). Just be careful to leave some plaster on the ceiling Tim!

LeDragon

also a mention of good luck to royal buckley who each year make the trip from wales to brighouse of all places for the marching contest, you guys seem to produce a decent performance there each year with the marches, hopefully you can do the same with the test pieces aswell!

Cheers Clive! Fingers crossed we'll put in a good'un.

bagpuss

anyone got any results for the welsh areas? Looked on 4 bars rest and they barely even mention that wales exists

bagpuss

Yeah, just realised my mistake:oops: :oops: think I'm still tired after yesterday. Look on the brightside though - I made a BIG STUPID mistake today and not yesterday!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Puss

super_sop

Supporting Member
Yeah, just realised my mistake:oops: :oops: think I'm still tired after yesterday. Look on the brightside though - I made a BIG STUPID mistake today and not yesterday!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Puss
LMFAO!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

JayneSop

can the soon to become just cory band be beaten, thats the question on everyones gobs when talking about the top welsh section, we shall see this time round!, good look to my mate jayne who again will be stylizing the soprano cornet for last years runners up burry port!

Thanks Clive.

I will be trying my best but will still need lots and lots of luck!!

Hope you are keeping well and that you've had a good area contest.

Kind regards

Jayne

dyl

Just a quick post to inform those who don't know, that Dolce Productions will be recording every section at Swansea again this year. The cost per CD is £5 and there's a minimum order of 4 discs per band. Email Gareth & James for more details: sales@dolceproductions.co.uk

Di

It's an excellent service - our discs were ready within about 30 minutes of our last note being played last year.

That's fantastic, I do wish it'd catch on in all of the regions. What I wouldn't give to hear last weekends performance again. :rolleyes::(

Big Gav

So, where are all the bands staying this year? Deiniolen and Beaumris will be staying at the Ramada Jarvis on saturday night so I'm sure there will be plenty of singing!!

Pastit

So, where are all the bands staying this year? Deiniolen and Beaumris will be staying at the Ramada Jarvis on saturday night so I'm sure there will be plenty of singing!!

Sadly, Wrexham will be forgoing the delights of a Swansea night out. A 7am start and god knows what time return with Isiah 40 stuck in the middle. Hurrah!!!

stotty74

We used to stay there, but now we go to the Ramada Encore in Swansea Bay. Likely to be visiting the Potter's Wheel (Wetherspoons near a big roundabout in the city??) for a few mineral waters and curry house over the road afterwards;-)

dyl

Apparently, I'm staying (and singing) at the Ramada Jarvis!

Is there still a European place for the winners of the Welsh area or is it worked out differently now?
I think with the case of YBS, Grimey and to some degree Dyke they had nothing really to play for as they've already qualified for London.
Could Cory go down the same road if there's not a Euro place? Well we'll live in hope!!!

jamieow

Well the coach journey will be fun. The new percussionist told me he's bringing a crate of absynthe

Excellent, I'll be smashed and possibly puking in the shower for a second wk in succession!!!.......or maybe not.....;)

I always thought you were classier than Absynthe, more of a Special Brew man??!!!