kenbo

Thanks to Madaz for their comments.

I understand where you are coming from. :D

Beethoven, original. :rolleyes: :woo

Sorry couldn't resist.
Kenbo

andegg

Adjudication & Letters to the Committee

After the recent area contest I wrote on behalf of my band to the NWABBA expressing our concerns over the current adjudication situation at the North West Areas. I made a couple of points concerning the number and quality of adjudicator’s at this year’s area. Judging by various comments appearing here and on 4barsrest we are far from alone in believing that the current situation must change.
I received a reply from Peter Bates today and I was amazed and, quite frankly, disappointed to discover that we are the only band so far to write to the committee about adjudication. As Peter said in his reply “A lot has been written on 4barsrest but as this has not been sent to the Regional Committee there is nothing that can be done. People need to express their opinions direct to the Committee involved in running the event and not via a public media”.

We all find the time and trouble to put in the hours of practice required to rehearse the area test piece. Surely 10 minutes can be spared by one representative of each band to write to the organisers if we feel so strongly about this issue. Unless you want to be in the same post area situation next year (i.e. writing on 4barsrest and here bemoaning the state of the contest), I suggest all bands who are unhappy with the current system put pen to paper and please write to their regional committee. The next meeting of the NWABBA Championships Committee is on the 11th May, so you have nearly three weeks to write those letters.

Andrea Egginton

andegg

The address to write to is:
North West Regional Brass Band Championships Committee,
Secretary - Peter Bates,
643a Liverpool Road,
Peel Green,
Eccles,
M30 7BY

Thanks

Andrea Egginton

AndyCat

The address to write to is:
North West Regional Brass Band Championships Committee,
Secretary - Peter Bates,
643a Liverpool Road,
Peel Green,
Eccles,
M30 7BY

Thanks

Andrea Egginton

Andrea's absolutely right, if all we do is moan on here and elsewhere, nothing will change!

My letter is now in the post!

les

"Andrea's absolutely right, if all we do is moan on here and elsewhere, nothing will change!

My letter is now in the post!"

I shall also be instructing our contest secretary to send a letter expressing how, in the 4th section in the North West, can we only be granted ONE adjudicator for 19 bands, where as in Scotland, they are treated to TWO for only 5 bands if my memory serves me correctly!

No matter how good one adjudicator is, I feel there are only so many bands just one ear can listen to!

I struggled to listen to 12 bands at the yorkshire area, none of which in my opinion would have been placed in the top 4 in our area! and I believe myself to be a pretty keen musician and a good few years younger than our adjudicator, John Maines, who I thought did a good job trying to judge so many bands...He looked a bit shell shocked at the end of the day, but who could blame him!

Les Webb
MD Eccles Borough Band

Product tMP members are discussing