Official tMP Midlands Regional 2007 Thread

super_sop

Supporting Member
Must admit i dont rememer any of the summing up, so i cant help with that i'm afraid.
But
The comments we had about ours were secure opening, well done soloists.
I did think that our coments were very constructive, a big well done to the adjudicators (for once!!)

bagpuss

Thanks to all for the comments about our win yesterday. I knew when we came off stage we'd played well but I didn't think we'd played quite THAT well!! Amazing feeling after being away from the contest arena for a little while to come back and win straight away. To make it that little bit sweeter it's the bands 30th anniversary this year too! The comments were very constructive. However, it's unfortunate that we won't be able to get the heads of our bass section through the door at next rehearsal as they had lots (too many?) positive comments about their performance yesterday!! I enjoyed the piece although glad it's over now especially THAT perucssion bit that had me somewhat concerned when i lost the ability to link brain and arms at Fridays rehearsal.

Didn't see many tMP people at Belvedere club yesterday. I was wearing my tMP shirt but didn't see any others.

See you all at Harrogate

Puss

Tom-King

I thought your vocal solo during the results was most impressive Craigy... the dance added so much...

(to anyone that wasnt there - if you were there, youd have heard it - Craig was there punching the air and yelling "SUPER SOPP!!!" as loud as he could :p)

lynchie

Well done to Wem! I knew you guys were just being modest in the bar... Best of luck in Harrogate!

I'm quite pleased with our 5th place considering my epic mistake of being entirely unable to count 4 bars, although it didn't even get mentioned in the remarks! In general I thought the adjudicators comments were pretty good this year. Anyway, hopefully next year we'll play all the notes and get to the finals!

Cubbington 1st
Newstead Youth 2nd
Amington 3rd
Rolls Royce 4th
Trentham 5th (i think)

A super days playing in the 4th Section - there was a superb standard of playing a very enjoyable piece (even on the 23rd listen!) - well done to all bands, the 4th Section did the midlands proud today.

Taking the cards it was great to see so many (very) youngsters playing and Bands having a great day of playing regardless of the result.

I enjoyed my day of officialdom too :-D

postie

I will help with the results:

1st Cubbington 180
2nd Newstead Youth 179
3rd Amington 178
4th Rolls Royce 177
5th Rushden Town 176
I Believe that was the draw delegate said in front of us said when she opened her envelope at the end.
6th?
7th Thoresby Colliery Youth 174
8th Bestwood Black Diamonds 173

14th Whitwell
15th Creswell
18th Ireland Colliery

A long day should help Bestwood as regards grading tables.

hpbflug

who'd have thought it eh?

well done to everyone in the first section, it's always dissapointing when the adjudicators say that they were dissappointed with the performances. well done esspecially the top bands.

an extra well done to my fellow foresters, not bad for the first year in the 1st section.:D

Hey Laura! Are you about...

Indeed, a bit fat well done to all the bands in this year's first section - as much as we enjoyed working on Ball's test piece, it's quite a refreshing thought that we probably wont have to play it again for a very long time!!

Great to see some Leicestershire bands do really well and a special shout out to Foresters who did really well as one of the new guns in the 1st section! :clap:

x

mr b

Results: 4th Section c/o 4barsrest

1. Cubbington Silver, P. Johnson, 9, 180
2. Newstead Youth, P. Whyley, 15, 179
3. Amington, W. Kendrick, 4, 178
4. Rolls Royce (Derby), G. Cardwell, 22, 177
5. Rushden Town, P. Lewsey, 7, 176
6. Trentham Brass, M. Caveney, 23, 175
7. Thoresby Colliery Youth, C. Gent, 17, 174
8. Bestwood Welfare Black Diamonds, B. Draper, 10, 173
9. Burbage (Buxton), S. Critchlow, 2, 172
10. Market Rasen RPC, A. Needham, 13, 171
11. Ratby Co-operative Mid, G. Newman, 6, 170
12. Fairfield (Buxton), C. Kitchen, 18, 169
13. Croft Silver, S. Burton, 12, 167
14. Whitwell, D. Fretwell, 5, 166
15. Creswell Colliery, R. Woffinden, 16, 165
16. Corby Silver, K. Espin, 11, 164
17. Dunchurch, M. Dutton, 19, 163
18. Ireland Colliery Chesterfield, I. Knapton, 14, 162
19. Swineshead Silver, S. Drew, 3, 161
20. Shipston Town, H. Gibbs, 8, 160
21. Melton, C. Hartley, 21, 159
22. Hathern ‘B’, M. Cooper, 1, 158
23. Ilkeston Brass, D. Jones, 20, 157
Welbeck Estates, T. Iles, W

postie

Full results from 4BR for 4th Section:

1. Cubbington Silver, P. Johnson, 9, 180
2. Newstead Youth, P. Whyley, 15, 179
3. Amington, W. Kendrick, 4, 178
4. Rolls Royce (Derby), G. Cardwell, 22, 177
5. Rushden Town, P. Lewsey, 7, 176
6. Trentham Brass, M. Caveney, 23, 175
7. Thoresby Colliery Youth, C. Gent, 17, 174
8. Bestwood Welfare Black Diamonds, B. Draper, 10, 173
9. Burbage (Buxton), S. Critchlow, 2, 172
10. Market Rasen RPC, A. Needham, 13, 171
11. Ratby Co-operative Mid, G. Newman, 6, 170
12. Fairfield (Buxton), C. Kitchen, 18, 169
13. Croft Silver, S. Burton, 12, 167
14. Whitwell, D. Fretwell, 5, 166
15. Creswell Colliery, R. Woffinden, 16, 165
16. Corby Silver, K. Espin, 11, 164
17. Dunchurch, M. Dutton, 19, 163
18. Ireland Colliery Chesterfield, I. Knapton, 14, 162
19. Swineshead Silver, S. Drew, 3, 161
20. Shipston Town, H. Gibbs, 8, 160
21. Melton, C. Hartley, 21, 159
22. Hathern ‘B’, M. Cooper, 1, 158
23. Ilkeston Brass, D. Jones, 20, 157
Welbeck Estates, T. Iles, W

MartinBen

Well I heard quite a few of the bands today as we were down almost last to play and Cubbington stood head-and-shoulders above the others I heard so thoroughly deserved to win. Must admit some surprises in the top 10 - one band I heard were all over the place but still got a good result - O well. At least my old band had a good result :)

postie

I've worked out that it will be Cubbington (8th, 7th, 1st) and Newstead Youth (11(avg), 3rd, 2nd) both on 16 points.

Burbage are on 26pts, Amington, Rolls Royce (Derby) & Market Rasen (RPC) are on 27pts.

Are you positive about that because Amington came 2nd last year and than didn't play in 2005 they should have 16 as well I would have thought.