Official tMP London & Southern Counties Regional 2007 thread

super_sop

Supporting Member
Ahha!!! well hello Mr. Jasonp!!!

i do you hope you have a good day tomorrow!!!

I also apologise for missing you of of my good luck earlier on.

I do hope now you will call off the kill squad sent for me.....

Pretty please!!!

frightened Craigy

lauren

Regent 10th....im sorry was I listening to a different band?
you didn't deserve that guys, had you near the top.

Well done Grant on your first outing!

Jasonp

Ahha!!! well hello Mr. Jasonp!!!

i do you hope you have a good day tomorrow!!!

I also apologise for missing you of of my good luck earlier on.

I do hope now you will call off the kill squad sent for me.....

Pretty please!!!

frightened Craigy

Your lucky Craig!

I'll let you off this once, just don't do it again, or else!!! ;)

Veri

1st Place - Broseley Brass MK off number 1 draw

KM "in the mix somewhere"

Becontree 14th
Palace 15th
St Albans 16th

Early results courtesy of 3 bars drunk dry

Nah, we were fifteenth.... :(

KM were 4th, and Bedford Town 3rd, City of Cambridge 2nd, and Brosley won.

I did enjoy Bedford's performance, didn't hear City or KM...

Hmm - it's difficult to find out the results there isn't it? We wanted to know the 2nd sectiobn results and had to resort to looking at 4barsrest on someone's mobile!

Sorry, bad typing due to extreme tiredness, not drinking - I've been driving!!

Good day out though!

DaveR

Nah, we were fifteenth.... :(

KM were 4th, and Bedford Town 3rd, City of Cambridge 2nd, and Brosley won.

I did enjoy Bedford's performance, didn't hear City or KM...

Hmm - it's difficult to find out the results there isn't it? We wanted to know the 2nd sectiobn results and had to resort to looking at 4barsrest on someone's mobile!

Sorry, bad typing due to extreme tiredness, not drinking - I've been driving!!

Good day out though!

It's quite difficult here too - when are 4BR putting the results of the 1st section up? I left straight after we played and can't get hold of anyone to find out how we did! I know the best we could have been was only 5th, thanks to Veri! :( I don't think we played as well as we could have done - it was a little nervous sounding in places.

(BTW Veri, I think I saw you today but I was too chicken to come up and talk to you in case it wasn't you! :oops:)

I have a complaint about the timps they provided for the 1st section. :redface: Throughout the whole 11 minutes or however long the piece is, the timp has 5 different notes to play (Bb, Eb, F, Gb and Cb). Not much to ask for to expect the timps provided to have *all* the notes available on it is it? I needed a Cb and the timp only went down to a C (and there was no room for any further movement in the pedal either!). Sounded awful playing a C natural in a Cb major chord. :mad:

Last edited:

Redhorn

An interesting set of results in the 1st section....
As a neutral I listened to every band, and had the top four as follows (with the rest a long way behind!):

1. Matthews Norfolk
2. KM Medway
3. Regent
4. Northfleet

I think the four above can feel rightly aggrieved! They all gave 'musical' performance, rather than 'safe' ones.

Apologies if this post doesnt make sense... ive had a few too many lemonades in the bar this evening! :)

Red Elvis

No major complaints from us all at Becontree , 14th a fair result and a damn sight better than our last outing at Skegness !

Was well impressed by Nic Childs' comments at the end - very constructive for all concerned . His comments on our written adjudication were spot on as well and also phrased in an encouraging fashion.

Only negative I can say about him - just cos he has the title "Dr" is no excuse for his handwriting to be as bad as my esteemed colleagues in the medical profession!!! :)

1. Matthews Norfolk
2. KM Medway
3. Regent
4. Northfleet

Thanks Mr. Horn - bit gutted at the result, band couldn't have played a much better performance! Ach well, you know what they say - if you can't take a joke, don't go contesting!

Congratulations to the winning bands, especially Broseley - very tight and accurate performance. Well done!

Bryan_sop

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!

If anyone was sat near me during the results, please excuse my language, I was fairly chuffed!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
First time I've been in a band that qualified!

can I just say:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!1

What did people think about the 2nd section results?

they were spot on!!!

speaking with only a hint of bias of course!!...

the comments were spot on, and the adjudicators speech was clear and intelligent.. and it looked like he actually took the time to sort out the rankings all the way down to last.. Give that man a gold star!!.. thats the sort of chap we should have on a more regular basis!.. and not just because he put us 'head and shoulders' above the rest.. (well done to all my comrades in Egham..especially Gareth.. the hard work finally paid off!!)

ps... who was supposed to be looking after me last night?? i woke up this morning with my contact lenses still in, took them out with the remnants of chilli sauce on my fingers.. and am still watering.. and my mouth is drier than a dead dingos didgerydoo....

Product tMP members are discussing