Obsessive shopping

Chris Sanders

lottie4744 said:
How come the male species of this forum seem to been overly obsessed with DIY tools.......?

Because not only does the firestorm 24v have a hammer action for drilling faster holes through concrete or brick, but it also has a two position gear box for high torque driving and high speed drilling control... :D

Plus it comes with 2 years warranty... :D

Sandman said:
Because not only does the firestorm 24v have a hammer action for drilling faster holes through concrete or brick, but it also has a two position gear box for high torque driving and high speed drilling control... :D

Oh well that makes all the difference then don't it!!!!! :roll:

yonhee

Sandman said:

riiight!
How many of those things do you have!

EIBB_Ray

Mine are:

Tools, of course, and hardware to fix things with, that usually all stay in their respective shopping bags until I actually get around to a project (or start a different one, and think, where's that thing I got for that other project and never used....? it's right here in this bag. It's a perfect storage system (if you have enough basement floor space. I have only the 18v firestorm, which appear to have all the features of the 24 save for the hammer drill. I have a corded 3/8 inch drill and a corded 1/2 inch hammer drill, so I can hardly justify getting another cordless. I most definitely want a power hand planer, but I never seem to have a use for one until I need one, then always think after I've borrowed my dad's, "well, no sense in buying one, I'll probably never need one again.." It's the best tool for making huge piles of wood shavings (portably) Perhaps that's justification enough.....kind of a zen thing with the piles of shavings. Behaps after I buy my wireless router (that's a router, as in the computer thingy, not woodworking thing.)

I love to buy office supplies. not so much paper, as paper clips, staplers etc, although that's slowed down.

I used to oibsessively buy canned pineapple. Every trip to the store, I'd think, "Oh, I should buy some canned fruit to have around for a healthy snack, I like pineapple." Then I'd discover that I had 10 or 12 cans already. Never got around to eating them very much, which is in part why I grew to my current girth....

HorniKaz

Supporting Member
lottie4744 said:
How come the male species of this forum seem to been overly obsessed with DIY tools.......?

Remember Shrek commenting on the size of Lord Farquaad's tower & how he was making up for something??

There lies the answer!!!

Chris Sanders

lottie4744 said:
Oh well that makes all the difference then don't it!!!!! :roll:

All the difference... Like I said previously... The ultimate drilling experience...

yonhee said:
riiight!
How many of those things do you have!

Not Enough... You can never have enough...

HBB

Big Twigge said:
Revision guides/ course related books too. I buy them and hope that they;ll make me clever just because they cost £40 each.

Apparently that doesn't work.
Y'what? :shock:

2nd man down

Staff member
lottie4744 said:

There's no better feeling than standing there with a big throbbing powerful tool in your hand!! :biggrin:

Lauradoll

Vest tops in Tesco- £3 is just too much of a bargain!
Boots/ shoes/ handbags/ lip stuff and anything from Crabtree and Evelyn.

2nd man down

Staff member
Ooooooooooooooooh don't you worry...she says she never comes on here, but she does...just so that she know's what I'm up to!! Rest assured she'll have read that before you did!!!!
I never (NEVER) put anything on here that I don't want her to know!! (which is nothing of course Deb!! :biggrin: )

2nd man down said:
Ooooooooooooooooh don't you worry...she says she never comes on here, but she does...just so that she know's what I'm up to!! Rest assured she'll have read that before you did!!!!
I never (NEVER) put anything on here that I don't want her to know!! (which is nothing of course Deb!! :biggrin: )

Spoken like a true man who has something to hide!

2nd man down

Staff member
Miss Presley said:
Spoken like a true man who has something to hide!

Who was it said "Always tell your [wife/partner/life friend] everything you think she could possibly find out"?? I think it was Thomas Dewar.
Wise words indeed. ;)

Anyway...back on topic...we have a cupboard full of mackeral fillets in tomatoe sauce...Thank god it comes in tins cos that would be a right mess otherwise!!!

:roll:
2nd man down said:
Who was it said "Always tell your [wife/partner/life friend] everything you think she could possibly find out"?? I think it was Thomas Dewar.
Wise words indeed. ;)

Anyway...back on topic...we have a cupboard full of mackeral fillets in tomatoe sauce...Thank god it comes in tins cos that would be a right mess otherwise!!!

:rolleyes:

Product tMP members are discussing