NYO

lynchie

oo, you have to be proper good to get in the trombone section for NYO. I've met 3 previous principals and all of them have been shockingly good players!

Seedhouse

To be honest i'd never heard of it, until I heard about it in one of the tMP threads. Any details about it anywhere? (don't think they'd need a euph anyway! :? )

geordiecolin

I went to school with a lad who's currently in NYO i think... He was in NYBB on Baritone for a while but has "got bored of bands" and does orchestral stuff now.. he's a trombone player. He goes on about NYSO, are these one and the same??

Accidental

Supporting Member
I know this is totally off topic, and I'm going to look really dumb, but its been bugging me for ages.....
:? what does boc mean?!!!

geordiecolin

Accidental said:
I know this is totally off topic, and I'm going to look really dumb, but its been bugging me for ages.....
:? what does boc mean?!!!
I'll leave the mods to explain....... don't want to get in trouble!!

PeterBale

Staff member
In its bowdlerised form, "boc" could be said to mean "boring old codger", although some would probably replace the last word with one of their own choosing :oops:

sugarandspice

i have been to an NYO open day/workshop thing, it was good, although there were 2 euphs 4 Eb basses and a Bb Bass so we couldn't really do much as a group.

Accidental

Supporting Member
Aaaaah, I get it now. Thanks Peter!
If the "codger" alternative is what I think it is, shame on you guys.....theres nfw I'd ever use a word like that!!!!! :wink:

Aidan

haha..
sorry but i've got nfi with this thread anymore.. absolute chronic cba.. lfo to the pub... bbo now its gettin late. beer o'clock

Accidental

Supporting Member
hehehe
you realise posts like these must be a real pita for people who don't know what we're on about! (scnr....)
what was this thread about again?

twigglet

ooo good luck! don't envy you, I absolutely hate auditions!

NYO always send me nice glossy newsletters I don't know why but they're very nice!

:D

Aidan

good luck mate.
they only put you in the newletters cos you play with the world infamous BrassNeck Quintet you know... nothing to do with being principal tuba!