NYBBGB Audition

Aidan

while were on it; congrats to Ben too :) who, after making the 4 + 1/2 hour train journey down to london for his nyo audition, was told that he was principal again without even playing!!!

lynchie

well my friend passed her audition on horn... it's just the waiting for a place to open up that's annoying now!

while were on it; congrats to Ben too who, after making the 4 + 1/2 hour train journey down to london for his nyo audition, was told that he was principal again without even playing!!!
wrong end of the stick there mate, i did play, but i reckon they'd already decided before i played. all politics these days

leisa

i just had my audition, it didnt go too well my piece was alright, i messed up the (easy) scales, the sight reading was erm.....rather strange and my study wasnt too bad!!
i dont think ill get in!!

how was ur masterclass seedhouse what was it like??
ours was baaaad, they decided to turn it into a leisa show :cry: it wasnt fun it was quite scary!!

Seedhouse

I'm sure you did fine, and passed the audition easy peasy!!
You wouldn't be a principal cornet if you weren't a gd player!
My sight reading was a bit strange too!

Masterclass we had John Maines, and the principal cornet from Fodens.
They talked about nerves, breathing and daily routine. Wasn't too bad, I even said summit that made everyone in the room laugh (which was actually a lot of people!)
Why was it a Leisa show? What do you mean?

leisa

ian porthouse asked me if id mind playin something to demonstrate articulation in the 2nd half so i said id do it then i was sat with cornet on knee (stupid fool) and john maines decided to pick on me to demonstrate posture so i was playin for most of the masterclass!!

hard day methinks!

Seedhouse

Well if they chose u to play, then they must have known you were good enough player to demonstrate your abilities to everyone else. Your bound to get in!

Aidan

big_benthomson said:
while were on it; congrats to Ben too who, after making the 4 + 1/2 hour train journey down to london for his nyo audition, was told that he was principal again without even playing!!!
wrong end of the stick there mate, i did play, but i reckon they'd already decided before i played. all politics these days
you shouldnt have said that!! it makes u look better..
d'oh :lol:

Vickitorious

leisa said:
sight reading was erm.....rather strange
ours was baaaad, they decided to turn it into a leisa show :cry: it wasnt fun it was quite scary!!

Don't worry about the sight reading, when I went for my audition the sight reading was very difficult, but as long as you tried to change the style where it asks you to on the music its ok cus thats what they're looking out for!!!
In my master class John Maines picked on me and told the rest of the people in the room that I split the last note in the piece! :oops:
They look at your attitude towards your playing as well, it's not just how you play! Good luck anyway and don't worry about it!!

leisa

Vickitorious said:
leisa said:
sight reading was erm.....rather strange

Don't worry about the sight reading, when I went for my audition the sight reading was very difficult, but as long as you tried to change the style where it asks you to on the music its ok cus thats what they're looking out for!!!
In my master class John Maines picked on me and told the rest of the people in the room that I split the last note in the piece! :oops:
They look at your attitude towards your playing as well, it's not just how you play! Good luck anyway and don't worry about it!!

thanx!! :)

it certainly was the leisa show, u were up there 4 ages!! and jon maines dropped leisa's mouthpiece, it was well hard to watch. my audition went pretty well. just 1 of the scales that caught me out. 2octave chromatic starting on A flat, i forgot where i was about half way up and used guess-work until i had eventually twiddled me valves around long enough for me to work out where i was. doh!

leisa

big_benthomson said:
it certainly was the leisa show, u were up there 4 ages!! and jon maines dropped leisa's mouthpiece, it was well hard to watch. my audition went pretty well. just 1 of the scales that caught me out. 2octave chromatic starting on A flat, i forgot where i was about half way up and used guess-work until i had eventually twiddled me valves around long enough for me to work out where i was. doh!

why wa it hard to watch? i wasnt impressed by the mouthpiece dropping-no actually it was quite funny!! i did the same thing with my chromatic!!

drummergurl

me and my twin bro had auditions for the childrens band yesterday at salford. it was in this random building. there were only 2 percussion entries, 1 for the childrens band (me) and 1 for the youth band. we had richard dyson doing our auditions and masterclass.
my bro plays trombone, and he had some woman (i dont remember her name sorree). anywayz my auditoin went ok. not fantastic tho. dunno bout my brothers he dont say much on the matter.

Product tMP members are discussing