NYBB

HBB

Just a quick question.

What sort of grade should you be at to apply for the NYBB?

Cheers, HBB

They say you must be at least Grade 5 standard-they expect older candidates to be of a higher standard! I passed an audition last year-just waiting for my seat now!! But, go for it if you think you can! :D

MRSH

Supporting Member
homocidalbennyboy said:
What sort of grade should you be at to apply for the NYBB?

Ben, you might like to have a look at their website to get an idea.

www.nybb.org.uk

Dave Euph

When I last applied they said it was mainly dependent on audition, but that if you were 13 you should be about grade 6 standard.

Vickitorious

Well, You need to be approx grade 5 standard, play one of the entry pieces and study of your choice and know your scales up to 4#s and flats, major and minor!

Thats it! :p lol!

:wink:

Dave Payn

Ben,

I really don't think you should worry in the slightest as to whether you're of a high enough standard. Go for it.

Di

Yea, go on, go for it. They could do with some more lads (I believe they're losing another 2 to "old age" for next year) to balance up with all the lasses in the horn section. :D :lol:

Dinie said:
They could do with some more lads (I believe they're losing another 2 to "old age" for next year) to balance up with all the lasses in the horn section. :D :lol:
I am lead to believe that all 3 male members of the horn section are leaving at summer! :) So you'd be the only one! :)

Primary

tMP Assistant
Here are some related products that tMP members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to tMP’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to tMP discussions about these products.