NTH. East Champ Section Band Requires Principal Cornet

boneman0970

Due to unforseen circumstances.We are now looking for a Principal Cornet.

We are a Championship Section Band based in Newcastle currently re building the band after numerous departures.
This was due to work and other personal commitments.

We have a very busy Diary this year and we need a player who can command his/her section also the commitment level must be paramount.

Anybody who would like to come along for a blow or try out for the postion please leave your deatils on this page and I will PM you with details.

Thank you for your interest

The Secretary

boneman0970

How come you decide to pick on our advert when other advertisers have spelt PRINICIPLE or should I say PRINCIPAL the same way??? :evil:

All i can say that the advert has been corrected!!

Thank you for pointing it out!!!!!

Moy

Ooooooooooooooooo hit a sore spot.
Sorry your one is the one I happened to read.
It was Saturday night and the Eurovision song contest was c***.
I thought you wouldn't like your advert seen by others with a mis-spelling.
Won't say anything again. :cry:

Hurt and depressed but not quite suicidal. :wink:

Good morning world on this beautiful sunny morning......here in Aberdeen anyway. 8)

boneman0970

Hi Moy,
Sorry for been as sharp as C# Major or a# minor(Whatever floats your boat):D

I think it's called Secretarial Stress,the only cure for it is to keep cracking on!!

Is there a divine Principal Cornet player out there who is willing to come to Geordie land and to save this Championship Section Band!!

Please Answer Me!!!!!!!!!!

yorkie19

Boneman

I think we've been here before. If you can't give people more details (ie the name of the band), they are much less likely to take up the call.

That said, I can understand why you haven't divulged the name of your band, but I don't think you are doing yourself any favours.

Sam

boneman0970

Thank you so kindly for your words of wizdom Sam,I'll take them on board!!

Ransome Eh..You have an excellent band.
Do you have sponsorship? Do you have a FULL band????
Two extremely talented MD'S

Well unfortunately do to the present climate we are self supporting like alot of bands and we don't at the moment have the luxury of having two MD's of vast experience.

Things are tough enough in the North East regarding the Brass Band movement,bands are folding all the time and the fact of the matter is that if we wanted to divulge the name of the band I would but to broadcast the fact would turn it into a travesity!!
You've heard the one about the band that is struggling for players?? Then the chinese whsipers start circulating saying that the band has folded and you have concert promoters hearing the same thing so Sam..That's how it is!!

If people are interested in the position I will PM them with all the relevant details.
Please don't be offended but the current state of bands in the North East is dreadful.Conductors only want to come to a ready made band and some are un willing to help the band drive onwards and unfortunately this is a position my band is in!

Dave1

I can sympathise with the thoughts behind this post as I've seen it happen before. This perhaps isn't the place for this discussion but there is a point being made which is a shame. I would like to think that all TMPers WOULD help and support as has been seen in the past on here.
Good luck anyway - keep trying. :lol:

geordiecolin

I think I can hazard a guess as to the identity of the band in question, but will keep my thoughts to myself.

Best of luck finding the player(s) you need!! If you ever need any help on EEb Bass over the summer let me know.

boneman0970

Cheers Dave and Geordiecolin for your words of support!

If your not busy on the 26th June GeordieColin could do with an Eb we're going to Easingwold!!!!

yorkie19

boneman0970 said:
Thank you so kindly for your words of wizdom Sam,I'll take them on board!!

Ransome Eh..You have an excellent band.
Do you have sponsorship? Do you have a FULL band????
Two extremely talented MD'S
That'll be wisdom then?

You can do what you like with my comments as far as I'm concerned.

Let's get one thing straight though. The Ransome Band was sponsored by NSK up until a few years ago. Since that time, the band has been self-funding. You're right though, we do have an excellent band. The MD's we have are talented and we do have some exceptional players around the stand. However, all this is possible because the members of the band work their ***** off for the band, not because we are bank-rolled.

Get your facts straight before you start slinging mud.

I'd like to wish you luck in finding the players you so desperately need, but I won't, because doubtless you'll take that the wrong way as well.

Sam

lister89

Iain, You thinkin of changin to cornet or something?!?!?!

Still want to know who the hoover was (private joke!)

Lizzie xXx

Moy

boneman0970 said:
Hi Moy,
Sorry for been as sharp as C# Major or a# minor(Whatever floats your boat):D

I think it's called Secretarial Stress,the only cure for it is to keep cracking on!!

Is there a divine Principal Cornet player out there who is willing to come to Geordie land and to save this Championship Section Band!!

Please Answer Me!!!!!!!!!!

No probs there....hope you get things sorted out soon...good luck.

bassinthebathroom

lister89 said:

Lizzie xXx

Not going to live this down for quite a while am I? :oops: :lol: Nah, not moving onto Cornet (especially seeing as I've been promoted to BBb Bass!). Just wondering, who the band was. Would have thought they'd get a bit more interest if people knew which band they were going to join :?:
Best of luck to them in their search, whoever they may be. Like Colin, I could probably have a guess at who they could be, but it would be unfair to do so, so I'll keep my mouth shut (for once :shock: !)

PS - Whats the username all about Lizzie? I'm confused - one of life's enigmas? (not a medical reference :? )

lister89

bassinthebathroom said:
lister89 said:

Lizzie xXx

Not going to live this down for quite a while am I? :oops: :lol: Nah, not moving onto Cornet (especially seeing as I've been promoted to BBb Bass!). Just wondering, who the band was. Would have thought they'd get a bit more interest if people knew which band they were going to join :?:
Best of luck to them in their search, whoever they may be. Like Colin, I could probably have a guess at who they could be, but it would be unfair to do so, so I'll keep my mouth shut (for once :shock: !)

PS - Whats the username all about Lizzie? I'm confused - one of life's enigmas? (not a medical reference :? )

Nah, you're sooo not gonna live that one down, so who was the hoover?!?! Anyone on TMP know?!?!?!
Dunno about the name really, it's what I've always used for e-mail addresses, guess I just love Red Dwarf (BOC!!!!!!) and 89 was my lucky number wen I was ickle!

Luv LIZZIE xXx