North of England areas 2014

Ste69

Thought I'd put this as we don't have a thread yet.

Best of luck for the weekend everybody and have a good few days of non-stop rehearsals. See you all in Darlington (most likely in the bar)

dave jake

Just a few things to do and I'll be ready for tomorrow, just got to avoid drinking too much tonight and I'll be reet.
Good luck to all competing bands and to Hull City. Give me a nod if you see me.

Andy_Euph

Congratulations to the winners over the weekend.

I thought the standard of the 4th section was very strong, and can only be a good thing for the region. I thought North Skelton were clear winners and they sounded as if they could have been in the section above at least. I was happy with our 6th place, just too many errors in the delivery of the piece on the day meant we couldn't expect anything higher.

I didn't manage to hear any of the other sections but it looks like the region are sending some strong qualifiers to the finals this year.

Thank you for your kind comments re North Skelton. We were a bit nervous about the result because we pulled the piece about quite a bit which was a risk. The adjudicator might have wanted a band to stick rigidly to the score - then we'd have been stuffed...