NORTH EAST AREA CHAOS

Lauradoll

Someone at the North East area today has just text me to say that the contest has actually had to be stopped as a fire alarm went off during a performance!!

That's bad, that!

Mrs Fruity

When I played at the Nationals with Fishburn in 2001 an announcement about an illegally parked car ( I distinctly remember it was a red Volvo outside entrance 11) was repeated very loudly 3 times within the first minute of Albion - they didn't stop the contest for us!!!
And last year at the RAH a fire alarm went off for the whole of the first movement of Ever Ready's performance of Enigma Variations - must be something about North East bands!!

Andy_Euph

Lauradoll said:
Someone at the North East area today has just text me to say that the contest has actually had to be stopped as a fire alarm went off during a performance!!

That's bad, that!

Yeah the fire alarm went off and someone had fallen off the seats earlier and not sure if she was unconcious, so the contest was stopped... its all been happening at Darlo :roll:

Heather

So what happened to the Band who were playing at the time?
Did they get the chance to start again?...I hope so!

Andy_Euph

When the woman fell the band that was going to play were going on stage. They were taken off stage while they treated the injured person... the contest was delayed for about 15 mins

imthemaddude

The band who was playing at the time of the fire drill had just started the last movement and they got to do that one again. The band got taken off the stage when the woman collapsed and then brought back on later because they hadn't started so it wasnt as much of a problem.

Heather

Well done to both Bands involved.
This must be a nightmare at such an important contest but , I expect, totally unavoidable.
Hope the Bands concerned managed to put up a good show and did well.

tim

The fire alarm was terrible!!! i was sat up in the stands and we heard some kids come up in the the gallery behind us and they put a lighter so a fire sensor and the thing went of... at first it sounded like the acme siren from CV and i though someone was taking the piss... the band played on and I must say got the biggest round of applause of the day when they were dragged of stage!!! So well dun to them... not sure if they got placed of anything but they deserved after the whole escapade..

Oh and DAMN KIDS!!!!