New Soprano at Black Dyke

nickjones

Brian....I thought the C.I.A. took all your listening devices and bugs off you....blimey either that or you got an inside contact....
but I think you are right.. :wink:

Moy

They can't have the best he already plays for YBS :wink:
But in saying that they have next best with Alex so can't be a bad thing.

NAS

Mr Crockford... He's sheer class. Played at Faireys with him, and I was always impressed each time he played something! I would love to see him back at Dyke because its such a waste for him not to play with anyone :!: :!: :!: :!:

John Brooks

Interesting debate. The messy way in which Kevin Crockford left Dyke in the first place might have left some scar tissue.

I would just like to add some comment on the superb job that Michelle has done over the past five years. As recall she was a relatively unknown quantity (completely unknown outside the UK) when she went to Dyke. I was fortunate to here her and meet her when Dyke came to Toronto a few years ago; then on two other occasions at RAH and at Nottingham last year. Those experiences, coupled with some excellent CD's proved to me what a quality player she is.

Thanks Michelle and good luck in the future.

jambo

Not Crockford for sure but best of luck to the ever rising star that will fill the seat :wink: and I believe our star tmp'er Kerwintootle is going to help them out too...Its a long way to Queensbury from New Zealand Alex...hope your not late :shock: :wink:

Straightmute

John Brooks said:
I would just like to add some comment on the superb job that Michelle has done over the past five years. <snip> Those experiences, coupled with some excellent CD's proved to me what a quality player she is.

Thanks Michelle and good luck in the future.

Agreed. I had the pleasure of sitting in front of Michelle a number of times at Rothwell and IMHO she's up there with the very best.

D

I agree she was an absalute star of a player. I really thought she fitted in with the Dyke cornet section superbly, i hope she can continue her success for the future with maybe a solo career? Anyway, I'm sure Mr Childs will choose who ever he thinks will be suitable for the job. It'll be very interesting to hear dyke at the Nationals this year.

Matt

DRG

It's common knowledge in Yorkshire who's got the job, a great forward thinking choice by Dyke, they've probably secured the services of the next soprano superstar just at the right time.