NEW SOLO FOR XYLOPHONE AND TRIANGLE WITH BB

gerry

Supporting Member
We have just released a new solo for Xylophone, Triangle and BB. Ideal for your summer concert, most satisfying for your mallets player and the ultimate chance for your TRIANGLE soloist!!
The piece is based on a czardas and is called "Flying Mallets" and is from the pen of Rieks van der Velde.

Have a look and listen on:

www.lake-music.com

Lake Music Publications
Gerry

gerry

Supporting Member
We do a full week on that one note! Imagine what fun you will have in that week in the north of Holland, Roger!

Gerry

MRSH

Supporting Member
Hi Gerry

Had a look at the site. Probably just about manage that triangle solo :wink: :lol:

Had a listen to most of the other stuff as well. Forgive me if I'm wrong but perhaps you might like to look at Going West. At letter B I'm not sure it's quite as it should be (tempo wise :!: ):? :? :?

Dave Payn

Roger Thorne said:
gerry said:
Try the TRIANGLE part then Roger!(On request we do a workshop!)

Gerry
:lol: :lol:

If you need a single workshop to master that one note, you'll need a full week's residential course for this piece - A Triangle Concerto!

http://www.8notes.com/scores/393.asp

:wink:

I'm going to suggest to David Bruce that he orchestrates this and submits it to Nicholas Kenyon for inclusion in next year's Proms. After all, it's a darn sight more original than the majority of this year's fare....

Dave Payn

Dave Payn said:
Roger Thorne said:
gerry said:
Try the TRIANGLE part then Roger!(On request we do a workshop!)

Gerry
:lol: :lol:

If you need a single workshop to master that one note, you'll need a full week's residential course for this piece - A Triangle Concerto!

http://www.8notes.com/scores/393.asp

:wink:

I'm going to suggest to David Bruce that he orchestrates this and submits it to Nicholas Kenyon for inclusion in next year's Proms. After all, it's a darn sight more original than the majority of this year's fare....

p.s. Do you think Mr Bruce will let me score it for triangle and brass band? If he does, I'll see to it that the solo part is played by 50 triangles! ;-)

Dave Payn

God's honest truth, David Bruce has given me permission to score his 'Triangle Concerto' for band! (Phew! Got there before James McFadyen did! ;-)) All he wants ais a VIP seat at the first performance!

(David is actually a serious classical composer, but wrote this for 'a five year old who showed some musical promise'!)

Maybe not 50, but I intend to get at least 10 'trianglisits' to perform this......

So, Fulham Brass Band, you've got yourself some new repertoire! ;-)