New Flugel and Cornet Solos

HBB

Just finished two solos, that I thought I would direct anyone who's interested to!

Morning Impressions was written for Dawn (Dawny'sFlug on tMP) and is a 6 minute gem for flugel with a lovely slow 'movement' sandwiched by slightly faster more a virtuostic section. You can see this here.

The Big Apple was written reminising after a trip to the States and New York. It also bears in mind the topic BrassNeck brought up about shorter solos, so it's a smidgen under 3 minutes. I'll place a link here tomorrow when SibeliusMusic has cleared it. Edit: you can find it here.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

euphfanhan

Every band should have a copy of The Big Apple :biggrin:. Heard it yesterday and it's amazing...so go buy it!

(PS...Ben, don't forget about the 10% profit you promised me...):rolleyes:

euphfanhan

brassneck said:

What is this?? Let's-call-Hanna-a-man-day?? And it's soon to be Mrs Morrison :tongue: He'll see sense one day. Anyway...I can feel a telling off from the mods coming up so I'll get back on topic! All Ben's music is amazing...buy them all :biggrin:

brassneck

euphfanhan said:
What is this?? Let's-call-Hanna-a-man-day?? And it's soon to be Mrs Morrison :tongue: He'll see sense one day. Anyway...I can feel a telling off from the mods coming up so I'll get back on topic! All Ben's music is amazing...buy them all :biggrin:

- both of you could be sharing the username ;)

HBB

OK - totally lost me BN.. thanks for ruining my thread :cry: :lol:

Last edited:

brassneck

HBB said:
OK - totally lost me BN.. thanks for ruining my thread :cry: :lol:

- a little off-topic, but you led me that way ;) . To be on-topic ... following immediately after a brisk band introduction, the cornet solo displays an energetic syncopated motif which leads into a melodic theme with which the accompaniment maintains the early momentum. The middle, slower section is interesting as it reminds me of a barrel-organ type background in the form of a slow waltz. Soloist plays a brief reflective passage of a quieter moment which is echoed by full band. All is not lost and the piece returns to the cheerful hussle and bussle of the original themes to close!

(... you can pay me later!)