New Band Music - What do YOU want?

PeterBale

Moderator
Staff member
Cornetgirl asks for an arrangement of Rachmaninov's 2nd symphony. There is a cornet solo arrangement of the Adagio, arranged by Ray Farr, and recorded on the cd Vitae Lux by YBS.
 

cornetgirl

Active Member
Ooooooh!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Sorry...it is SUCH a gorgeous piece...must see if it's in the library... *frantically scribbles it down and remembers to harrass the librarian on Wednesday!* :D
 

Lannerman

New Member
New Band Music

Thanks to NottinghamFlorist for the great suggestion. :lol:

Does it matter if its the usual white haired, octaganerian, church choir, should raise a laugh (as well as a few heart murmers) if nothing else.

Or what about a new composition, "Blue Rinse Blues".

Food for thought I guess. :?
 

Straightmute

Active Member
cornetgirl said:
Ooooooh!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Sorry...it is SUCH a gorgeous piece...must see if it's in the library... *frantically scribbles it down and remembers to harrass the librarian on Wednesday!* :D
CG - no, it's not in the library and I'm amazed that our dentist should be advocating anything as sweet and sticky as Rachmaninov 2!!! It's a very gloopy* arrangement too!

But, to cheer you up, I popped into Banks's music shop this afternoon and picked up a set, so we can wade through it at rehearsal tomorrow night. Don't forget your wellies.

Cheers

D

* a word borrowed from my 4 year-old son used to describe daddy's cooking.
 

cornetgirl

Active Member
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You angel!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wonders if it's appropriate to hug an MD or whether it leads to incarceration in a padded cell!!! :? )

How many pints do I owe you now??????

*skips off into the sunset singing to herself*

yes I'm a sad moo but I don't care!
 

Straightmute

Active Member
On a different tack - has anyone arranged the March from Richard Strauss' Symphonic Metamorphosen???

It would make a cracking arrangement - I just can't believe it hasn't been done already...

D
 

cornetgirl

Active Member
Straightmute said:
On a different tack - has anyone arranged the March from Richard Strauss' Symphonic Metamorphosen???

It would make a cracking arrangement - I just can't believe it hasn't been done already...

D
That a hint???? :)
 

cornetgirl

Active Member
Strauss's Metamorphosen for 23 solo strings is a rather gorgeous piece and would work nicely for band - has that been done yet?

Also Walton's Orb & Sceptre - I know Mint Imperial's been done but Orb & Sceptre's my personal fave - heard it done on organ at weddings but don't know if there's a band arrangement!

There's some lovely stuff out there that nobody's ever thought of doing for band I bet... :)
 
Has anyone ever considered working on the the theme music from "Jaws"? Personally I believe it to be a cracking piece of music..got the soundtrack somewhere :oops:
 

Heather

Member
Forgot to say......will someone PLEASE do an arrangement of the theme to 'The Simpsons'.
My husband drives me mad each time it comes on as he says the same old thing..' someone should arrange this for brass band'.
Maybe he's got a point.
 

Keppler

Moderator
Staff member
Isn;t the simpsons part of the Cartoon Suite on that Warner Bros CD? "The Big Picture"?

Only heard it once, and my fogged memory is not co-operating

PS, I hate the simpsons.. especially the music..
(apart from that episode where HS gets James Bond killed.. class..)
 

Straightmute

Active Member
Heather said:
Forgot to say......will someone PLEASE do an arrangement of the theme to 'The Simpsons'.
My husband drives me mad each time it comes on as he says the same old thing..' someone should arrange this for brass band'.
Maybe he's got a point.
Phil Lawrence has done a very good arrangement. I got it from Mostyn Music. Works well - and is very 'authentic', including Lisa's sax solo on bass trombone!!! - but it isn't easy.

D
 

Heather

Member
Thanks for the info. I'll tell him as soon as he gets home from work.
Might speak to our conductor about getting it too.
 

cornetgirl

Active Member
Straightmute said:
Phil Lawrence has done a very good arrangement. I got it from Mostyn Music. Works well - and is very 'authentic', including Lisa's sax solo on bass trombone!!! - but it isn't easy.

D
It's a cracking arrangement! Even asks for deliberate split notes - ideal for me as I can split 'em without even trying... :D
 

HBB

Active Member
cornetgirl said:
Straightmute said:
Phil Lawrence has done a very good arrangement. I got it from Mostyn Music. Works well - and is very 'authentic', including Lisa's sax solo on bass trombone!!! - but it isn't easy.

D
It's a cracking arrangement! Even asks for deliberate split notes - ideal for me as I can split 'em without even trying... :D

So I guess I'm not the only one then!!! :p :p
 

HBB

Active Member
dyl said:
sparkling_quavers said:
cornetgirl said:
Has the Schindler's List theme been arranged for band - that is one nice piece...
Yes it definately has...don't remember the arranger though *not much help*
There are two arrangements that I know of. The better one (imo) is by Sandy Smith and was on the Kirkintillock CD 'Summon The Heroes'. the other arr. which I've played is by Frank Bernaerts.

How surprising, was it all Front - Row cornet stuff. I think he needs a talking to about arranging - I vote for Roger!
:lol:
 

BoozyBTrom

Member
I would like to see an arrangement of the theme from Stargate SG1. I reckon it would sound great written for brass.

And as a trombone trio the song "Bad Guys" from Bugsy Malone.

You know the one. The daft gangsters sing it in the street.
 
Top