NEMBBA Contest in Feb

geordiecolin

Active Member
Rachel - "How much further?"

Zuzanna - " 5 minutes"

Rachel (15 mins later) - "How much further? I'm busting for the loo!"

Zuzanna - "5 minutes"

all the way from Derby to Sheffield

Aah the amusement, especially as rachel never questioned the length of Zuzannas "5 minutes"

Memories of NEMBBA.........
 

timbloke

Member
i know silk'll be there, they've moved our skiing trip to the week later, so we can go on the sat, and not straight after NEMBBA like last year.

Incidently... NEMBBA, not NNEMBA.
 

sparkling_quavers

Active Member
Baldeagle said:
So are we going to have two North West bands in the second section, Silk and your band ?
maybe we are just looking at the options.... don't worry though Ray I will be there for a listen and a drink or 2 even if Flixton aren't there!

Thanks Sharon can someone PM me the contact number pls
 

SBB

Member
i know silk'll be there, they've moved our skiing trip to the week later, so we can go on the sat, and not straight after NEMBBA like last year.

Incidently... NEMBBA, not NNEMBA.

Yeah we'll definatley be there!!!!!!!!!!


I wish i was going on the bloody skiing trip Tim!!!!!!!!!!
 

Baldeagle

Member
Just a tought.
In the Mineworkers Contest programme at Skeggy it said that the contest is open to NEMBBA Bands only !
 
i think to play at assoc contests all you have to do is pay a fee to the relevant assoc. years ago when i played for newstead we joined the bradford brass band assoc and went to bradford and won.
NICK HARRIS CARLTON MAIN
 

Di

Active Member
Date Change:

We have been notified that the NEMBBA contest has been changed from 1st Feb to 15th Feb.
 
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Unfortunately it looks like Silk won't be going if they are changing the date as half the players are flying back from a skiing trip in Austria on that day. It's a pity they wont be there to defend their title, but good luck to all competitors who are going.
 

leisa

Active Member
Dinie said:
Date Change:

We have been notified that the NEMBBA contest has been changed from 1st Feb to 15th Feb.
ooo isnt there some sort of youth contest on that day? :?
 

lynchie

Active Member
something like that... so unfortunately I definitely wont there as I will be recovering from a hangover on stage in blackpool.
 

leisa

Active Member
lynchie said:
something like that... so unfortunately I definitely wont there as I will be recovering from a hangover on stage in blackpool.
nooo paul you cant i think flixton have a concert that night so we will have to run home!!!
 

Brian Kelly

Active Member
leisa said:
lynchie said:
something like that... so unfortunately I definitely wont there as I will be recovering from a hangover on stage in blackpool.
nooo paul you cant i think flixton have a concert that night so we will have to run home!!!

No we don't! It was cancelled.

Who's not been reading Mike's e-mails then?
 

leisa

Active Member
Brian Kelly said:
leisa said:
lynchie said:
something like that... so unfortunately I definitely wont there as I will be recovering from a hangover on stage in blackpool.
nooo paul you cant i think flixton have a concert that night so we will have to run home!!!

No we don't! It was cancelled.

Who's not been reading Mike's e-mails then?
oops that'd be me :oops: !! i thought it was one on the 15th of dec that was cancelled! oh we know who the blonde one of the band is!! :oops: :oops:
 
Top