National Youth Championships

lynchie

Anyone know when the test piece for this is announced? I think YB2K are going to do it for the first time ever since they finally moved it to a sensible date!

What kind of stuff has it been in the past?

McEuphie

Check out 4BarsRest

www.4barsrest.com

In the articles section they have a report on the 2003 finals.

Thought there was info on music for next years finals but can't recall where, but they are being held on 3rd April 2004 at RNCM Manchester.

lynchie

found it. It was on BBW

Open - Partita
County - An English Suite
Community - Cambrian Suite
Schools - Haslemere Suite

Can't say I've heard of Cambrian Suite... we've played haslemere before though, so it's a bit annoying that we're not a school!

leisa

lynchie said:
found it. It was on BBW

Open - Partita
County - An English Suite
Community - Cambrian Suite
Schools - Haslemere Suite

Can't say I've heard of Cambrian Suite... we've played haslemere before though, so it's a bit annoying that we're not a school!

u in the community section??? we played partita the other week its quite nice actuaally we should have a natinal youth prediction wen the full list of bands is announceed!!! :p

they should have given all the youth bands at least a years notice instead of just advertising it on 4barsrest.

i'm so cheesed off because i can't play with shybb cause im in america because they changed the date without warning :evil:

lynchie

i think we'll just go for the community section since it's the first year we've gone. Although, if all these players can't go because of the date change we might have a shot at the open!

The date was never any good for us before because it was always the week before the ents in blackpool which we always go to.

I guess if we're going to do predictions i'd better catch up on how the other youth bands are doing these days... haven't seen St Helens play since we beat them at the Radio 2 final, and thats a good few years back!

leisa

ive never heard St Helens but got a concert with them at bridgewater hall soon (BOLLYWOOD :shock: ) we need a list of all bands to do a prediction :p

lynchie

as i remember they had a very good cornet player. Can't remember his name, but I would think he'd have moved on now.

neiltwist

lynchie said:
as i remember they had a very good cornet player. Can't remember his name, but I would think he'd have moved on now.

You're referring to David Geogeghan, he was good, but new cornet players come along, and our current principle is superb too.

still angry that we lost on the toss of a coin though, of all the things!

leisa

neiltwist said:
lynchie said:

You're referring to David Geogeghan, he was good, but new cornet players come along, and our current principle is superb too.

still angry that we lost on the toss of a coin though, of all the things!

what???? how stupoid!!! did St helens compete last year? i dont remember hearin about them! we won the county section last year so we thought we'd ahave a go at the open this year! :shock:

leisa said:
ive never heard St Helens but got a concert with them at bridgewater hall soon (BOLLYWOOD :shock: ) we need a list of all bands to do a prediction :p

Never heard of St. Helens?!?! hehe!

I'm not looking forward to this Bollywood malarky... I think it'll be funny more than anything. Ah well, roll on next may...

Aidan

I dont think SH will have a principal as good as Geoghagey Baby for a long time...
Who is current principal..? Is it still Phill Parky?

leisa

aimee_euph said:
leisa said:

Never heard of St. Helens?!?! hehe!

I'm not looking forward to this Bollywood malarky... I think it'll be funny more than anything. Ah well, roll on next may...

no ive heard of them just havent heard them play!!!

i know i saw a pic of them they look..........interesting!!! should be fun thouh

neiltwist

Nadia said:
I dont think SH will have a principal as good as Geoghagey Baby for a long time...
Who is current principal..? Is it still Phill Parky?

no, alas we wont, but parky left for the army i think, it's Michael Thomas now, he knows he's not the best in the world, but he can easily play anything done at youth band.

lynchie

he was a hard act to follow though. I seem to remember our principal cornet wasn't his biggest fan after that contest!

neiltwist

lynchie said:
he was a hard act to follow though. I seem to remember our principal cornet wasn't his biggest fan after that contest!

it is geogeghan for one, but the losing band was always going to get the soloists prize.